cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 10 SP10 Upgrade to 10.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello - I have a question regarding the upgrade process of GRC 10 SP10 to 10.1. I read the guides etc.. I know how to use MOPZ and SUM.

Now it says you have to be on NW 7.4 before upgrading the GRC components. Do I have to do 2 separate SUM upgrades? 1 for the NW and 1 for the GRC Components? The reason I ask is when I run MOPZ and choose the to do the Netweaver 7.4 upgrade it gives me the option to install the GRC 10.1 components? Below is what the upgrade guide says.

4. Upgrade the SAP Access Control system from SAP NetWeaver 7.02 to SAP NetWeaver 7.40 SP04.

CAUTION It is mandatory to apply SAP Note 1814403 after installing SAP NetWeaver 7.40 SP04 to ensure that the NetWeaver Business Client (NWBC) is working properly.

5. Upgrade the SAP NetWeaver Portal 7.0 EHP1 to SAP NetWeaver Portal 7.0 EHP 2 SP06.

6. Install the GRC 10.1 component GRCFND_A_V1100 and the latest SAP Access Control support packages. NOTE For more information, see the SAP Access Control , SAP Process Control , and SAP Risk Management 10.1 Installation Guide at https://help.sap.com/grc-ac Installation and Migration Information. 

Thank you~

Josh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Josh,

You can install both with no problem with MOPZ.

Best Regards,

Fernando

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply. Can I do both within the same MOPZ and SUM session? I picked NW 7.4 as target EP and GRC 10.1 as add on products. 

To me the upgrade guide seems to say do NW 7.4 then apply the snote then do the GRC part. Almost like run MOPZ to upgrade to NW 7.4. The manually apply the snote. Then run a new MOPZ and do the GRC side.  The process is just confusing for this one.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Josh,

MOPZ can do the preparation for this scenario. I checked with solution manager team and they mentioned that there is no issues on performing all at the same time.

Regards,

Fernando

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you... I am doing exactly what you said and it is going good so far.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We followed what Fernando said and the upgrade completed.

Thank you!