cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom geographical hierarchy based on latitude/longitude

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have the requirement of showing a map in SAP Lumira desktop 1.27 based on, for example, following geographical hierarchy:

Europe > Benelux > Belgium/Netherlands/Luxemburg. I made a testcase with a simple CSV-file, but I am not able to follow the steps mentioned in the user manual.

Because of the navteq database, we are not able to generate such a hierarchy because "Country" is the highest level available. But when I look at the user manual it should be possible to create a custom geographical hierarchy based on latitude/longitude.

The user manual states that you can accept the proposed hierarchy based on the latitude/longitude data or you can customize the levels of the hierarchy. It also mentions that I should select a level to display its properties in the left pane.

When I look into my version of SAP Lumira, I can only generate parent levels based on the selected geographical dimension.

Is someone able to create above geographical hierarchy where you can select the levels you want and match them with the longitude/latitude you want?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kenny

SAP Lumira only has two types of Geographic Hierarchy:

•         By Name has a strict structure

o   Country -> If this is anything other than known Countries you get no matches

o   Region

o   Sub-Region

o   City

•         By Latitude / Longitude also has a strict structure

o   Target

o   Lat

o   Long

o   Level -> If this is Region or below then you can choose to generate Countries which generates known Countries

You can do a Custom Hierarchy but there is no way to say it is Geographic so it won’t work with maps.

Only option I can think of is giving ESRI a try and do a custom layer above Country(?)

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter