Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Even i assign billing block at item level it updates in vf04

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

THe issue is..

In sales order i have 4 line items in that for 2 line items i assigned biling block ,normally if u assign billing block for items then those items not updated in VF04, but still it udates in billing due list VF04.what could be the reason can any one suggest me please...............

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nicolas_posada
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

There's only one way a reference document item is not displayed in the billing due list and that is by the reference document line item being in Complete status. For this to happen, there's several ways:

- Complete Billing Activity: by completelly billing the line item in your reference document that's in status Pending for Billing (that can be either an outbound delivery or a sales document)

- By setting Reason for Rejection: you can add a reason for rejection in the line item in the sales document and by this instruction system assumes your customer no longer wants that item thus completing the status of the item.

NOTE: if your sales document item already has subsequent docuemnts (outbound delivery), say for partial quantities, and those quantities are still In Processing status, you will not be able to add the Reason for Rejection. You will have to reverse the IM and WM functions in the outbound delivery, and if possible delete delivery so you clear your sales document from subsequent documents. Also, you could force outbound delivery status completion via VL_COMPLETE status report.

Finally, billing block was never conceived to serve as a completion of status. As it states, it blocks billing function, but does not complete the reference document which is one of the main sources of information for VF04 to check what's pending for billing.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unless the billing block is applied at the header level of the sales order, the sales order will populate in VF04. This is standard functionality. Anyway even it appears, the user can't bill the item.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok shivaram, i agree but why still it is updating in vf04 even we assign billing block at item ,i want no the exact answer and my scenorio isin case of  order related billing. plz guide me....

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look at the following notes:-

• Note 548429 - VF04: Documents blocked for billing
  • Note 1705372 - Documents with billing block listed in VF04 inspite of setting "No docs with billing block"

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I have not informed earlier that my scenario is about order related billing. Do you think the note is going to work anyway?