cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect ECC to PI via webservice (SOAP 1.1 and not XI3.0)

vinaymittal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a question how to implement ECC -> PI -> SOAP(any third party) via webservice using SOAP 1.1 and not proxy XI3.0  or RFC adapter

here ECC and PI have to communicate using webservice you can assume that ECC sends a SOAP payload to PI

(in a normal SOAP to RFC scenario PI generates the WSDL and the URL and gives it to the third party i.e to the sender SOAP via Display WSDL in ID)

do we do the same here too??? but how does ECC connect to it i am a bit confused here...

Regards

Vinay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in a normal SOAP to RFC scenario PI generates the WSDL and the URL and gives it to the third party i.e to the sender SOAP via Display WSDL in ID)

do we do the same here too??? but how does ECC connect to it i am a bit confused here...

generate the WSDL from display WSDL in ID and in SAP ECC go to SE80 and create service consumer and import the WSDL which created may be you need to create LPCONFIG etc....not sure please complete prerequisites however i wonder why do you want to go with SOAP 1.1 protocol since we do have standard RFC and proxy protocols any specific reason?

Thanks

vinaymittal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan ,

Thanks for replying..... we will never go for such a scenario just wanted to explore the theoritical possibility of such a scenario and how to implement it .

regards

Vinay

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

cool Vinay thats the only way which we can consume any thirdparty applications in SAP ECC.

please refer this blog for mroe details

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0a53caf-bf0e-2e10-45b9-ba5a63eb8...

Thanks

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

For more information, please refer below links on this.

Consuming a Web Service in ABAP | SAP Ignite

SAPTechnical.COM - Creation of a web service in SAP

Regards

Answers (0)