Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aggregation of Key figures with Null value for the attribute

former_member182337
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an analytical view joined with 10 attribute views using "temporal" join. The performance of this view is an issue and SAP suggested that we try with scripted calculation view or split the anaytical view into three and union them at  calculation view level.

The scripted calculation view failes on execution with "Memory unallocation error" because of the huge data loads.

I am now trying the multiple analytical view option.The common attributes(from the data foundation) between the anaytical views are easily mapped
at union level. The issue is with the other attributes specific for that particular analytical view.Let's say,I have an attribute 1 , measure 1 in anaytical view1
and attribute 2 , measure 2 in  anaytical view 2. At the Union level,if i choose as "null" for attribute 1 for Analytical view 2 and viceversa for attribute 2
the output comes in multiple rows. One with value for attr.1 and null for the second row and value for attr.2 in third row and null in the fourth row.

I am using the aggregation node on top of Union but still the null values come. Is there a way to filter the same or is there a different approach to fix this?

Thanks.

Regards,

Prem

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

On the Union node go to the column_name on the right box, right click on column_name and choose Manage.

Adjust the settings so you can put an default value instead null.

Regards, Fernando Da Rós

former_member182114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I was looking for a picture of Manage Mappings to send to you, you can see on this sample of UCV

During this I found an old discussion that I guess is important to you read

UCV are in line of what you need to implement more than the null values that you found.

Best regards, Fernando Da Rós