Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

How to map into different Idocs after Multimapping

Hi experts,

my scenario is a file to multiple idoc scenario. My flat source file contains up to 8 different record types. every file can have another combination of record types. For each record type, i will have an own mapping and an different idoc as target structure. But all idocs go to the same sap-system.

What i've done: I've created the sender communication channel, which imports the flat data structure via content conversion into xml. after this, i have one file in the PI, with all record types in it. So i created an data type for each record type and split the message via multimapping into 1 message with x records, but only with one record type per message.

Flat FIat with record type A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H

|

|  sender communication channel

V

1 big XML on SAP PI with x records per record type A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H

|

|  multimapping

V

Some XML, each with x records of the same record type

|

|  ???

V

My problem is now the next step: i have to map each of those homogeneous messages into their final idoc-structure. what is the simplest way to do this? as i said, i have an different mapping and idoc for each of those record types.

Hope, you can help me and looking forward for your hints.

Tags:
replied

Hi Koch,

you are getting multiple records in txt file and need to convert in to xml and each record need to send different idocs at target side. if i understood correct below is the way to handle.

1.create sender structure(DT,MT,SI) for txt file

2.import different IDOCs in esr

3.while create mapping ,sender side you can use MT which have created and receiver side you just go to signature tab and add all IDOC.

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question