Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPF: Schedule a background job for processing action definition

sap_rocks
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I have an action definition (e.g. "/SCWM/PRD_OUT_POST_GI") which is processed after calling a selection report as a dialog operation. Now I want to change settings to process this action in background (batch mode) cause it's blocking all other operations if it's running in dialog mode. How can I solve this?

Every idea or solution appreciated.

Many thanks in advance for your answers!

Best regards

Marius

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alex_m
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Action Definition change the processing time to 3: Immediate processing or 4: processing when saving document. Let me know if it works.

Regards,

Alex.

sap_rocks
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

many thanks for your answer!

Unfortunately it's a requirement that the action definition should be processed after a selection report was called ("Using Selection Report"). Could I set a start condition to fullfill this requirement? (If yes, it would be really kind of you if you could give me an example, e.g. with a boolean or something like this.)

Best regards

Marius

alex_m
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you can use Conditions or BAdi for action determination based on your requirements.

sap_rocks
Participant
0 Kudos

Could you give me an example? I mean the start conditions. I want to start a background job at e.g. Friday 11 p.m. who is processed the action definitions raised by an event today. How could I realize this?

alex_m
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now I am confused about your requirement, do you want to process the unprocessed actions in background job? then schedule the program RSPPFPROCESS as a background job as per requirement.

sap_rocks
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes that's it! I created a variant for the report RSPPFPROCESS with action definition and other parameters and scheduled it per transaction SM36 and monitor it via SM37. Many thanks for your help!

Answers (0)