Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance issue in fetching data using ODATA

amber_garg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement where-in I need to retrieve the data using Odata from ECC server and display it in UI5 form such that at a time only a single record is displayed  and the user can click on previous and next buttons to view the prev/next record respectively. Now I can see 2 possibilities to achieve this but not sure which one should be followed considering performance issues

1) Retrieve all the records at once using GetEntittySet call and then display one at a time in the UI form Controls.

2) Retrieve only the current record using GetEntity call and call this webservice each time the user clicks on Prev and Next Button.

I guess if the total records are few , probably the 1st approach should not give any issues but considering if the total records are in lakh , would the 1st approach cause any performance issues.

Please suggest what is the general approach we follow in real time in such scenarios

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amber_garg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Any one having idea about this??

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, presenting more than a couple of hundred entries to your users will not help them in any way, so I would suggest provide them with a filtered result first which can then be displayed in the detail view

(you could use a growing list too, but then again, clicking hundreds of times to load new data is not a good UX as well)