cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP DMS Integration with Microsoft Sharepoint.

Former Member
0 Kudos

would like to understand if it is possible for  to find / open documents within the SAP DMS system from SharePoint.

Questions:

• (1) Is there any standard solution to link to SAP DMS DIR?
    • for example can DIR have a URL type link?
  • (2) Is there any standard solution to link directly to an Original Document?
    • for example user can open document original from DIR, how does system know which Original to open? 
    • What type of link is this?
    • Can this link be used to open document in other applications?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ameya_beri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sanket,

Yes you can have URL links within a DMS DIR and when you click on it the page will open in a web browser.

Please check the below document which explains how to achieve this and it works, I have tested it

Linking URL pages to Documents - Product Lifecycle Management - SCN Wiki

I hope this helps you.

Please feel free to revert if you need more inputs.

Best Regards,

Ameya B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameya,

Above information is very Helpful.

We also need to know how the SAP DMS can be integrated with Microsoft sharepoint.

What is the feasibility , drawbacks and end to end functionality use.

it will be really useful if you can provide some information on this.

ameya_beri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sanket,

Thanks, however you should thank using SCN rules of engagement and mark the answer as helpful / correct if it has really helped you

My question to you, is if you are using Microsoft share point which itself is a document management system in itself, why do you want to link it to SAP DMS ?

Yes SAP DMS can be integrated with Microsoft Share point or as a matter of fact any other external document management system, even your local shared drive.

Feasibility wise yes the linking is feasible all your document will reside in sharepoint application and links would be stored in SAP Document info records, which you can then link to SAP objects (Material master, BOM etc) using object links.

You would not need a content server, as you are using share point and you have all the security features provided by share point.

Drawback, I see is you are not leveraging the complete DMS functionality of integrating with a content server by investing in an external document management system.

End to end use, as I already explained is that you can link your document info records to any object in SAP defined by object links, an example you can link all your shop floor papers stored in share point via document info record to production order and then shop floor personnel can just click and retrieve the latest documents.

Hope this helps further.

Best Regards,

Ameya B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameya,

We are not using Microsoft sharepoint.

We are planning to implement it .

so raise an query .

i am not aware about about the integration works.

Are there any helpful links to start from scratch i.e how to integrate sharepoint with SAP dms.  

ameya_beri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The above link is the example, you can use it to start from scratch.

Basically you need a new document type.

I believe you would be accessing share point via URL links, is that right ? Then create a new document type for it as explained.

Best Regards,

Ameya B

Answers (0)