Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast was not generating for new products using like modeling

former_member225623
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

For a new product iam running univarient forecast using old product which is having history.

I am using Like modelling but even though forecast is not updating . It is giving message as "No Possible to carry out Forecast"

Steps i followed for like modelling.

1. Executing basic setting for adding characteristics 9AMATNR & 9ALOCNO.

2. Executing basic setting for Like profile for adding existing product  with Action 'S' and 125%.

3. Executing Assignments  for like profile  with APO Product 'New Product' ,location same as Existing Location and Like Profile name.

Please do needful.

PFA  Screen shots FYI.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

.Hi Srinivas,

If you have the history available for old product and all the settings are also correct, then I suggest you review your forecast model, history horizon and other such settings in your forecast profile.

Try changing the forecast strategy and see if you are able to carry out the forecast. 

Regards,

Pankit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Did you go to "Assignments"tab in Lifecycle planning and assign the LIKE profile to your product? Please do that and let me know if it corrects the issue.

Regards,

Vinay Kalap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you activated the life cycle planning in your master forecast profile in /SAPAPO/MC96B.

Create Phase In and Phase Out Profiles as well and check the results.

Check this link

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/60ef73eb-1dbf-2d10-0c8d-cbe0341b0...

Regards

Vinoth

former_member225623
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

I activated life cycle planning in master forecast profile also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you created the Phase In and Phase Out Profiles. If not create them and check the result.

How are you executing the forecast, Interactive or background ?

What Forecast Model you've selected in your Forecast Profile ? i could see the log saying there is no enough history.

Regards

Vinoth

former_member225623
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

For Phase In and Phase Out ( Old Product) iam getting the results properly and for this history is available

Iam executing the forecast in interactive and this for testing purpose.

Forecast Model was .Auto Model and .

iam using like modelling for new product for that no history is avilable.

By considering the old product with history i am trying to generate forecast for this new product.

Could you please help me on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Please do these steps for successful PIPO.

1)valid CVC

2)define like profile

3)PIPO entries correctly in assignment table.

4)In master forecast profile tick life cycle plg active

5)run the forecast model for both PIPO and for old product system will stop the forecast and generate for new product.

Thanks,

naga.