Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Access Control 10.1 approval workflow query

Hi all

I'm hoping that you can assist with a query i have on the AC 10.1 ARM approval workflow process. I'm fairly new to this so please bare with me.

We are currently implementing the ARM module at a client, who has the following workflow request for new/change/unlock user account:

- User submits access request in GRC AC

- First level approver - Line Manager (risk analysis not mandatory)

- Second level approver - Business Process Owner (risk analysis mandatory)

- Third level approver - Authorizations/Security

The request is successfully submitted and is directed to the LM as 1st level approver. The LM approves the request and it's supposed to then be directed to the BPO for the 2nd level of approval, but it does not reach the BPO.

I’ve created a decision table in BRF+ to say if “Basis” is selected as the Business Process on an access request, it must go to the Basis BPO for approval. I've run a simulation on this table and the output results are correct. The table was checked, saved and activated.

I then used this tables Function ID to create a new Agents rule in MSMP (step 2 maintain rules) for the SAP_GRAC_ACCESS_REQUEST workflow process.

In step 3 maintain agents, I've created a new Agent ID called Z_BPO, as an approval purpose and GRC API type, and assigned the Agent Rule ID from step 2.

In step 5 maintain paths, I've created a "New User Account" path with 3 stages of approval - Z_BPO being the second level of approval.

When i try to Save/Simulate in step 7, a version cannot be generated as the IMG Configuration Tables contains errors. When the workflow starts checking the definition of Agent "Z_BPO", the following error is outlined: ABAP dictionary data object binding is out of synchronization.

I've checked the internet for assistance on this error to no avail. I think that i'm not defining the BRF+ decision table correctly within MSMP.

I've followed the documents on the below link that relate to BRF+ and MSMP extensively but i am still stuck.

SAP Access Control - Useful Documents, Blogs, Resources, etc.

Your urgent assistance and guidance on this is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Neresha

Former Member

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question