cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Damn slow

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it just me or do others experience the same?

SCN seems to be pretty slow most time during the day for about a week now. I often get a kind of hanging, where it looks like SCN cannot be reached at all and the page does not get refreshed.

When I move a discussion to another space then it takes almost a minute to get the pop-up for moving and just once of 3 times I get the spaces listed in that pop-up.

Browsing the followed activities does not auto-reload when the page end is reached, the sign for loading shows up but it does not do anything, I then have to force refreshing the page to get further.

Similar experience with the communication stream, sometimes SCN does not at all react by clicking the discussion headline in the left window to show it in detail at the right. This is also only possible after calling the communication stream again.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

PollyGan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

It's OK from my side(inside SAP) I'll let my SCN Champion know this. Best regards, Polly

Answers (11)

Answers (11)

moshenaveh
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Thank you all for sharing these updates. When the situation goes bad again I will escalate it to our IT.

Regards,

Moshe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Slow again today for me. And the communications page is not updating properly - the "unread" items aren't going away when I read them.

Steve.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it is pretty unreliable, but it somehow must have to do with the server that you get.

It was totally hanging for me for about 15 minutes, I only got the the header and menu displayed, could see that the number for the unread threads increased, but was not able to see anything below, just white. I then used the SCN app from my Blackberry and could immediately see all unread discussions and could even reply while the connection from my PC was still not possible.

And now the PC connection is back, back again with the problem that messages re-appear unread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe they need to start restarting the app servers on a regular basis like they do on the hundred? app servers they have for SAP Service Marketplace... somehow I feel like the attack, slow performance, SPAM, etc. detection mechanisms mentioned before aren't working too well. Let's hope the new platform gives better monitoring capabilities and transparency into the overall architecture.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My reply above, posted this morning is now timestamped at 2:29pm (although Jurgen's reply to it is at 10:42am) and notification of my reply has just appeared in my Activity stream as posted 7 minutes ago. There's definitely something not right here...

Former Member
0 Kudos

And now I see the timestamp on Jurgen's reply has changed from 10:42am a little while ago to 2:47pm. What is going on...?

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe he's (Jurgen) a time traveler, and we don't know it until just now?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, not me. Maybe SAP is working on such feature for Spam prevention.

If the first spam is posted they go back and lock the spammer before he can post and then go forward and show everybody that nothing had happened.  They just had missed the middle part where everybody is confused.

I tend to believe Susan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have a look at my SCN experience...

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have to say it has been working "normal" for me pretty much all week, so I would tend to agree it is probably related to the server you get when you login.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

By clicking the question mark right of

What Matters: Communications

you can hide this upper part.

Since about an hour everything is fine again for me

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At this time (when the Indians sleep deep and the Europeans are close to go to bed) it is always fine.

But yes, it became better around 5 pm GMT today

moshenaveh
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Any better? This morning things are working faster for me.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The access is fast. Except the servers are not in sync and the followed activity stream and communication is stream is probably about an hour behind

moshenaveh
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Ok. Thanks a lot for the feedback. I will update IT

yaniv
Community Administrator
Community Administrator
0 Kudos

should be back in order now with quick response times. thanks a lot for helping us!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep, seems a lot better for me today.  I'm navigating around without making a cup of tea between each mouse click, and pages are loading almost as quick as they used to.

Cheers,

G.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Better, but not good. Access is quick and almost no hangers, but I just read 2 threads and refreshed the page and both are unread again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Slow again. I can't get past 10 hours in my activity feed without getting the indefinite loader animation. Clicking on tabs, navigating from one link to another takes at least 15 seconds.

moshenaveh
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Michael Braun & yaniv bar any advice?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm struggling to use SCN full stop today - everything is damn slow!

keohanster
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go home, SCN, you're drunk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same here. It has been a little sluggish for the last week or so, for me anyway, but today is much worse.

I've seen a fair chunk of SPAM floating about today. Is that related, I wonder?

Steve.

moshenaveh
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Not an easy day for SCN but we will overcome and prevail like we always do. Eternity and beyond!!!

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The communications stream is at least 23 minutes slower than the content:

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even Activity feed updates also delaying 30 to 40minutes.

moshenaveh
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks a lot for the feedback. Is this still happening?

Regards,

Moshe

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

It's sluggish.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

In fact, moderation queue, for example, isn't loading properly.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, it is still unworthy for a big IT company.

to find this discussion via the Browse activity and then open it to reply took about 3 minutes.

And the read items show as well unread after a refresh.

moshenaveh
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hi,

Was this resolved on your side Jurgen? Everything seems to be working fine (at least for now)

Regards,

Moshe

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

certainly not working for me, I  still have threads showing up unread which I read 54 minutes ago and have probably 20 times marked as read.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moshe,

It seems to be even slower for me at the moment - navigating around is painful and taking ages.

Cheers,

G.

aurlienmermet
Participant
0 Kudos

So it wasn't just me and the company network...

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Likewise...it even asks to kill the page as it's not responding.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've noticed a few of the moderator and admin functions are slower than normal.  I've also noticed quite a few issues with sign-on and SSO errors generally.

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Ditto ... I thought the corporate LAN had problems