cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTP Filter for month by month in package by package

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I've got a requirement to load data month by month for year where each month is loaded by package rather than not in one package.

for ex:

currently my DTP loading all the records for a year like 400000 records in one package or based on the package size.

It's like loading monthly data as 1 month in 1 package.

Kindly let me know how to write control by package and ABAP code for the same.

Thanks a million in advance.

Regards,

Ravi Kanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you one and all for your valuable inputs.

Now that I've changed my expert routine code to handle the data, month by month within the package.

Though it is pretty bad @ performance, but as the data size is less for a month, it is OK for the system to handle.

Thanks again.

Ravi

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

chandan_praharaj
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are sure about the data volume, the Other option is just bring all data in one package and process as required in Routines. Else Go with the Rule Group, as stated by Maunank.

Cheers!

Chandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

This is understood from your requirement that you are doing something with the month and you need all the records of similler month in single package . ONce you get those month in single package you need to do some derivation on that month package.

I would suggest you go with the creation of new rule groups in transformation .

1. Create 12 rule group for twelve months

2. if rule groupe one is for January then add below statement in start routine

DELETE SOURCE_PACKAGE WHERE CALMONTH NE "001"

value for Calmonth changes according to your rule group

By this way only single month will be availabel in one rule group and you can do futher derivation accoding to your requirement.

Hope this will help.

Thanks & Regards,

Maunank Patel.

chandan_praharaj
Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the data and based on the fileds like Year and Month , try to use the SYMANTIC GROUPING in DTP. As that is only viable option to such a unique requirement of yours'

Cheers!

Chandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandan,

Tried it, but not working!

This strange requirement comes with my Expert routine where I need to calculate consecutive days of employees for a month. So, here I need a expert routine which calculates month by month.

FYI... the link for my post on consecutive days....

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3778800

Thanks again

Regards,

Ravi Kanth

RafkeMagic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

here's two options: either created 12 DTPs (on for each month) and make the year "variable" (either via a BEx variable or via code lookup) or create 1 DTP where both month & year are "variable"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raf,

this is a tedious job and much maintenance required.

It would be better load manually for time-being for historical.

This strange requirement comes with my Expert routine where I need to calculate consecutive days of employees for a month. So, here I need a expert routine which calculates month by month.

Thanks again

Regards,

Ravi Kanth

RafkeMagic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't see the link between "expert routine" and your other post?! Either you (try an) solve this on the reporting side (where you should use exception aggregation, probably nested) or you solve it in a transformation. In the latter part, it shouldn't really matter how many months are in each package.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raf,

I've to create an expert routine for the unique requirement.

Anyways thanks for your inputs, now I've got an idea.

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Naga,

Use Semantic group in DTP, and tick the month selection, this will group the data month by month in packages.

Thanks

Vijayendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijayendra,

Sorry, it's not working.

Please help with any other ways.

Thanks

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Further to Vijayendra's reply, I think that Semantic Grouping (on Calendar Month) is one part of the approach. It will avoid that data belonging to the same month is spread over multiple data packages.

However, depending on the package size multiple months can be stored in one data package. If I understood you correctly, this you want to avoid. So the other part is reducing the package size so that only one month will fit in one data package.

For my understanding and just because I am curious, why do want to control the loading process like this? If there is no requirement to influence packaging with semantic Grouping, I would advice to leave it out. It will degrade the loading performance.

Best regards,

Sander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sander,

Thanks for detailed help.

But I can't assume on the # of records for each month then I cannot restrict on package size.

If I opt semantic and package size a 100,000, system is get all the records for all then months into 1 package if records are less than 100K.

Thanks again

Regards,

Ravi Kanth

former_member185132
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I had a look at your other thread. Even if you could ensure 1 month per package by some nasty voodoo, I don't see how that helps solve the problem of consecutive days being summed up in the reporting layer. Nothing you do in the expert routine or in load splitting will change the aggregation behavior of a query.

As far as calculations are concerned, a transformation with a Sem Grouping on Employee and month can do that with routines as required. However, the routines shouldn't require that only one month must come in a packet. If your expert routine works only with one month per packet, then it seems that the routine needs tweaking.

Post the routine here, maybe we can find some solution.

Regards,

Suhas

former_member183334
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

As per requirement go to IP data selection tab specify the month ans schedule with start.

Goto DTP Extraction mode Delta with get all new data request by request, and execute DTP.

Regards

Sathya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathya,

This is a long running process as I need to load data for around 5 years by month.

let me know if you have any other ideas.

Thanks

former_member185132
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I second Sander - it is possible using Sem Grouping but inadvisable. I too am curious about the kind of requirement that would necessitate such a data loading procedure.

It seems you are doing this just for splitting up a one-time load of five years. If that's the case there are simpler ways to do that.

• If the data in the source (PSA) is spread across multiple requests, you could set up a delta DTP that picks up request by request (choose that option in the DTP Extraction tab)
  • You could create multiple DTPs as Raf suggests and set them up in a Process Chain

Your requirement is not possible with code in the transformation.