cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Segement available in RFC but not getting populated in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on SOAP to RFC synchronous scenario.I am facing the below issues in my scenario.

1.From RFC response ECC is sending 6 segments .But XI is receiving only 5 segments in the RFC response.

2.One field length got changed in RFC and it is not getting reflected in XI.

Second issue got resolved by stopping and starting the receiver RFC channel after the re-import of RFC.But still the first issue persists.

Please let me know how to refresh the RFC meta data.If ECC sends the data and in the RFC response(PI input) if it is not available how we will

resolve the issue.

Please help me in resolving the above issues.

Thanks,

--Ramya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you are sure about receiving the missing segment to PI from SAP ECC through RFC respone then please try to test your response mapping also for the response messages in MONI please open the payload from the first step and see whether you receive the complete payload as expected if not you should debug your RFC

Thanks

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramya,

Try to do a CPA cache refresh: http://host:port/CPACache/refresh?mode=full

with PIDIRUSER or an user with similar roles.

Try to assure the segment is really generated doing the same call in the ECC system. Another alternative is to debug the RFC to check its output. If you set an external breakpoint with the same user that you are using in the RFC channel, the breakpoint will be raised in the ECC when you call from PI.

Regards.

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramya,

Please check if:

1. The Imported RFC structure is having all the required fields

2. Try to do dummy change - Save & Activate

3. Check if Cache is Up-to-Date, else Update cache

4.Check in Moni, if you are actually getting the new segment as part of payload from ECC.

Regards,
Azhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

On top of that. Please try a full cache refresh.

http://server:port/CPACache/refresh?mode=full

Regards,

Jannus Botha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Azhar,

Imported RFC has all the segments in ESR.But the segment is missing in the payload coming from the ECC.And also cache is up to date.

Thanks,

Ramya

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramya,

If the segment is missing from ECC itself then you might need to check your RFC function / coding and debug it to populate the missing segment in it.

From PI you can not add the missing segment if its not a Constant value.

Regards,

Azhar