cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP UI5 issues in IE 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are in process of implementing an UI5 app using SAP Web IDE. The app is working absolutely fine in Google Chrome but while testing in IE 11 , we are facing a weird issue.

I am getting Failed to load abc.controller.js from <path of Controller> , abc.controller.js undefined for one specific controller file.

No other description is being shown. But while loading other files of same project we are not facing this issue. To narrow down the issue we even removed some of the methods and kept in another .js file and gave the reference in the controller file.

But still we are getting the same issue. It stops loading the .js file and for sometimes showing the same error I have mentioned earlier.

I am clueless why this is happening as all the methods are working completely fine in Chrome and we are using similar methods in other files too where it is working fine.

Does IE11 still not have the extensive support for UI5  Or there are some different ways we need to follow while targeting IE.

Please suggest if someone has faced similar situation.

Regards,

Anupriya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

saivellanki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anupriya,

Strange Indeed!

Failed to load abc.controller.js from <path of Controller> error is due to the file path incorrect where the file is stored.

If it works perfectly in Chrome, it should be working on IE11.

Few Points -

1. If you had changed the path in between the development, please try to clear the cache of IE11 browser and reload the page again, there might be some cases where chrome cache is auto-refreshed and IE11 still uses the same old cache.

2.  Double check the path again, if required debug in IE11, and try to access the URL of controller.js file in IE11. See whether you're able to access the file or it shows the error as 'File not Found'.

Regards,

Sai Vellanki.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Thanks for your quick response!.

We are specifying the path of the file same way like we are doing for all other files, rest all are working perfectly fine.

I am clearing the cache everytime before running the app.

Also, after removing some of the methods the page started working.So I thought path will not be the issue.

Now when I am trying to create even a simple method in the controller file with just console.log in it. I am getting the same error again.

Regards,

Anupriya

saivellanki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anu,

If possible, can you please post the code of controller.js file.

Regards,

Sai Vellanki.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We found out the issue. It was because of the no, of lines in the code. We removed methods and kept it in another .js file and it started working. There is some specific number of line after which if we put anything. It gives the same error.

Strange thing but it is working fine.

Anyway thanks for the help!.

Regards,

Anupriya

saivellanki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anu,

I don't think there is some restriction with regard to number of lines should be entered in controller.js file. It seems to be illogical!

But however, you're able to resolve it. Great!

Regards,

Sai Vellanki.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes definitely it seems illogical. But this is how its working

Thanks!

Anupriya

AndreasKunz
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

how many lines roughly did this controller have when it failed?

I'd still suspect that something else was the reason, like a syntax error (a brace or so too much) that got fixed while separting the code into a different file...

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Then it should not work in Chrome either, I have checked for all these syntax errors multiple times but everything was fine.

I even tried writing simple methods after specific no. of lines the same error used to come.

I am surprised too by this behavior. I suspect that can be the case with Web IDE.

I am still not sure but was the root cause.

Regards,

Anupriya

AndreasKunz
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Ok, I'm not saying it is impossible. In fact there are very strange things, like the number of lines in a method (comments included!) can have a big impact on performance in Webkit. There's a certain threshold (12 lines? 60? can't remember), beyond which methods are executed in a different way.

So how big was that number of lines in your case?

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

I could write approx 600 no. of lines without any error. But beyond that it started throwing error.

Regards,

Anupriya

AndreasKunz
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Anupriya,

I just tried to reproduce this, so I created a controller with 3000 lines (just to be on the safe side to have enough lines) in a small app in plunkr:

http://plnkr.co/edit/SwfN2z327amIMCvrIbQO?p=preview

But for me even these 3000 lines in the Controller (open App.controller.js on the left to see it) work fine in IE11...

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your effort.

I too have many other files in the project which has more than 1000 lines and those are working fine. For that file only I was getting that issue.

May be there will be some issue which I could not identify but got resolved by breaking up the file into two.

Regards,

Anupriya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

I am trying to implement QUnit testing with my UI5 App. Can you please provide any guidance on that. Please send me some reference docs if you have.

I have also posted another discussion on the same. PFB the link. Please reply on the post if you have some idea.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3790141

Regards,

Anupriya