cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Code Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm having problem determining country/company code specific tax codes in shopping cart. Currently I'm gettig all the defined Tax Codes in the system.

I tried implementing SAP note 782463, it gave me drop down in browser but as there is no search help attached to it or not even any search help module so it shows message "No Input Help Available".

I even tried implementing BAdi "BBP_F4_READ_ON_EXIT" and "BBP_F4_READ_ON_ENTRY" but it seems they are not being called. I think, if implemented, this will filter the already available drop down and no F4 help required in this case.

Now I'm seeking your advice, if implementing SAP note, do I need to modify back-end SAP standard screen and put an Input Help (F4) function module there?

Other is please let me know BAdi implementation process in both R/3 and SRM system is same. As browser based applications cannot be debugged, I cant see how the program is being executed and why its not calling the said BAdis.

Your earliest response would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Shabbar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Which Systems are you using ? (SRM as well as R/3 system Versions ) ?

Which SRM scenario have you implemented ?

Please ensure that you have maintained the same Configuartion (Tax codes, Country data ) from R/3 system in the SRM system.

Useful pointer ->

What are the steps to replicate this problem ? When this search help was working (before implementing the OSS note or afterwards) ?

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Version - We are using ECC5 and SRM 4.0.

Scenario - Implementing purchasing and adding to shopping cart.

Configuration - tax codes and country data is same in ECC and SRM systems.

In standard SAP its a drop down, after implementing SAP note it started showing '...' below all the values. when click the '...' it goes to fetch value and as there is not input help is attached to this screen, it doesn't find anything.

Regards,

Shabbar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I need few anwers more precisely ->

1) What do you mean by Standard SAP ? Is it working both in R/3 as well as SRM system ?

2) Is the search help was working fine, before implementing this OSS note.. ?

3) How many entries are there in the Tax code table (Approximately) - Any idea ?

Since it's not possible to log in to your system, I recommed the following points ->

Try logging in SRM GUI mode (Not Web page) with the same Employee user and then try the same. For time being give SAP_ALL authorization and debugging rights / role etc..

If possible, try to debug the same.

May be the search help is having some issues.

Have you raised any OSS message with SAP on this yet ? If no, bettter to raise one.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Atul

1- Standard SAP means what SAP has delivered with standard software (no notes, no enhancement/modification applied so far). Tax codes are same in both R/3 and SRM systems. on presentation layer i can see all the defined tax codes in SRM.

2- On browser there was no search help available before implementing SAP note, it was just a drop down list. Objective is to get tax codes depending on company code, for this reason we thought search help would be a better option and implemented SAP note. That provided us with a complete drop down plus "..." (dots) as last value in drop down. Now if any value selected from drop down, no processing occurs, except when user selects "...". But as a result, it shows dialog box "No Input Help Available".

3- There are 35 entries in tax code table.

I dont think, the web transaction can be executed through SAP GUI. I tried but it showed me strange screens with scaterred elements.

We are in contact with SAP, raised OSS messages as well but still no resolution.

Regards,

Shabbar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Well, Please send me the detailed screen shots of what is hapeening and what you need to do to my email id.

I will try to help you out at the earliest.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Atul,

System is down so I cant send you any screen shots. I tried to make myself clear in describing prob but still if there is anything missing please let me know.

Regards,

Shabbar

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shabbar

1) I do not think you need to implement the note. That note only helps you in converting drop down into F4 help. This can be useful, if you have very large number of tax codes.

Recommend not to apply this note as you donot need it.

2) The BADIs mentioned are used in managing the favourites. So, they are not applicable here.

3) To my knowledge there is no standard enhancement to help your scenario.

4) Workaround:

a) I would suggest using 'Company Code' in the description of tax code

e.g. 1000 input tax 4%, 1000 input tax 2% etc. This will ensure that the dropdown list is sorted by company code and easy for users to pick right tax code.

b) If you want to further control the usage of tax code b users, implement bbp_DOC_CHECK_BADI and give appropriate error messages to correct the user input.

Best regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If possible, please send the details of the system what is happening in this system.

Please refer to the link ->

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got exactly the same requirement. I'm in SRM 5.0.

For me, the Tax code BAdIs didnt work either. I tried to see if there is any search help for the tax code and found one which was BBP_TAXCODE_VALUE. I changed the search help exit name from BBP_F4IF_SHLP_EXIT_TAXCODE to my own Z function module and implemented the code to get the tax codes based on the country code.

Since there is no parameters to refer the country code in the search help exit, i used the BBP_PO_MEMORY_GET to get the PO details from the memory. This works fine for the PO. But when we try to do the same in an invoice, it doesnt work coz the above function module is only for PO.

Is there any FMs which gets the memory values no matter what the transaction is?

Please Help me and its very urgent.

Thanks in advance and answers will be rewarded.

Suresh