SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash Desk implementation - storing check images

former_member215295
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are planning to implement SAP cash desk(FPCJ) in our company.

As part of payment processing we would like store images of checks given by customers for certain period to deal with any discrepancies.

What are the options available to store check images ? we are looking at some options like opentext , storing images with bank and later accessing them through interfaces etc.

If you can provide any inputs would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Vikram

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

While this option might be resource-intensive, it doesn't involve any enhancements.

After a payment is processed, you could go into Tcode FPP2 and via menu path Extras->Documents, you can create a Document as an attachment.

Simply upload the scanned cheque from a directory of your choice.

Other options would be to invoke Archivelink to store the image on a 3rd party optical archive, and provide a link from the Contract Account to retrieve the scanned cheque image.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ivor

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

While this option might be resource-intensive, it doesn't involve any enhancements.

After a payment is processed, you could go into Tcode FPP2 and via menu path Extras->Documents, you can create a Document as an attachment.

Simply upload the scanned cheque from a directory of your choice.

Other options would be to invoke Archivelink to store the image on a 3rd party optical archive, and provide a link from the Contract Account to retrieve the scanned cheque image.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ivor

0 Kudos

Hi Ivor,

Thanks for the information.

We did looked at this option of storing attachments at the document level, we do receive thousands of payments and what I heard is sizing of the SAP database will become issue in future.

Second option is storing the image with the third party and the issue I am coming across is linking the contract account number to the image .

Thanks,

Vikram