cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

1. Here I am doing Cash Sales(Order related document) and saved. But when I am doing VFO1 i am getting the error that Goods issue is not equal to order Quantity? But for third party which is also a order related one . Bt here I am not doing any PGI. Here my question is where we maintain the control for Post Goods Issue?

2. How many times we can refer the quotation while creating a sales order? where this thing is controlled?

Regards,

Siva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Cash sale just creates a delivery but PGI is not done automatically, because of this you are not able to do billing. Normally such delivery are grouped for a collective pgi by a background job during off peak hours.

In 3rd party we dont do PGI, just because we not issuing the goods but an external vendor.

Along with the completion rule also need to maintain the copy contrl field, update document flow which reduces the quantity that is referenced each time. Once the total quantity of the quotation is consumed, you can no more referenec the quotation.

Pl reward if it helps.

Thanks & Regards,

Sadhu Kishore

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when u save cash sale order system does'nt do the pgi, it only creates delivery document and give the number, by going to change mode u have to do pick, and packing if necessary and do the PGI.during copying controm maintainance from order to billing in cash sale at item level we have a field pos/neg quantity the value maintaine in the field controls the functionality.

rising sales order with reference to quotation depends on how we maintain item completion rule during item catogiry definition.

with regards,

VK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Depending on your Item cat settings u refer single qtn to no of sales orders.

GOTO VOV7--Completion rule is there.

in that the following options r there.

Blank-- Not reelevent for completion

A-- Item is completed with first reference

B--Item is completed after full qty has been referenced

C--Item is completed after target qty has been referenced

D--Item is completed via contract release

E-Item is completed after full target value is referenced

so if u want create no of orders with single quatation u can leave this fieald as balnk, let me know if any doubts

Cheers,

Chitty

javed_ihsan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

1. Check your copying requirement for your billing document type (tcode- VOFA) and also check the copying requirement in your copy control (Delivery to Billing documentt) transaction code VTFL. In these routine you control about the quantity copied. If you dont want the system to compare the PGI qty with order qty then use your code in these routine.

2. check your completion rule in tcode VOV7 for your quotation item category.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siva,

In case of cash sale...........you dont have to do goods issue saperately. it is automatically done when you save an order. that is customer picks up the goods from plant, which is why it is considered as a plant level sale. And a cash receipt is generated as soon as you save a cash sale order.

Immediate delivery and shipping conditions entries at VOV8 guides the system to create a delivery automatically as a save an order and output type RD03 helps in generating an cash receipt immediately.

if you check the schedule line category assigned to BVN i.e. CN. it does not carry any commands to do availability check or product allocation for that order.

In case of third party order.............no PGI is carried out as the goods are delivered from the third party vendor. Stocks are never maintained in our books - so no PGI is carried out.

<b>2nd question</b>

Completion Rule at item category level (VOV7) determines how many times a document can be referenced from its source document. whether it a sales order from a quotation or any other document.

<b>Reward if helps</b>

Regards

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Even for cash sales u have to do pgi manually.