cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP gui installation server

0 Kudos

When installing from the installation server using the command line batch file "\\installation server path\\sapserver\Setup\NwSapSetup.exe /Package="packagename" /noDlg. this will work for a period of time and suddenly stop working. When you click on the batch file, NwSapSetup comes up and starts to run but everything disappears and nothing happens. The only other time i"ve seen this is when I'm installing to a computer that is logged in as the administrator. i just installed patch 65.

10:59:39 NwSapsAtlC 1E  Component '{41D37BB1-B482-41BC-A1A4-B3662A55A021}' required by '{73BD1C1C-878A-49FA-AC4D-DB11688F2D0B}' ($SAPWUS Files, Version 900.74 (28.07.2015 18:37:50)) not found

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Matt,

that was the first thing i did, all files are installed..

thanks

larry

0 Kudos

Matt,

this was taken from one of the workstations, to me, it appeared to be trying to access an SAP installation folder from the installation server.

yes, i was referring to an installation of SAP on the installation server, so you are saying that i should not have the gui installed on the server.

the batch file mentioned above is executed from the workstations, but for some reason would stop working, it seemed to have stabilized after installing a gui installation on the server (it is not configured to receive automatic updates from itself. My question is what can cause a batch file being run from a workstation containing "\\server path\\sapserver\Setup\NwSapSetup.exe /Package="packagename" /noDlg to stop executing?

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It would be difficult to determine why your batch file stops operating without a lot more information. What Jude was asking you to do was first ensure that everything about your Installation Server was intact and consistent, by running \\server path\sapserver\Setup\NwSapSetupAdmin.exe and then in that tool executing the Check Server option:

You can also find detailed installation logs on the workstation at C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\SapSetup\LOGs that should help you to troubleshoot.

0 Kudos

it would appear that the installation of SAP on the server was out of date.

Do you know the relationship between the installation of the GUI on server and the server it's self?

10:03:27 NwSapsAtlC  1W  Server Path C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\SAPsetup\Setup could not be found: Error message: The system cannot find the file specified. Error code 0x00000002 (2).

10:03:27 NwSapsAtlC  1   Reboot Manager: Evaluated the position of SAPSetup's OnReboot Installation Service as:

Folder 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\SapSetup\OnRebootSvc'

Service File Path: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\SapSetup\OnRebootSvc\NWSAPSetupOnRebootInstSvc.exe'

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Larry,

It looks like in this bit you are trying to run the setup directly on your installation server console, is that right? Your error message is showing a local path instead of going through your \\sapserver\sapsetup network share. Or is this an error you get when running NwSapSetupAdmin from your local workstation?

What Jude means is to run, from your workstation, the NwSapSetupAdmin on the server share, i.e. call it with the path \\sapserver\sapsetup\Setup\NwSapSetupAdmin.exe. It's important to do this through the share that regular workstations will use to access the setup program, and in this manner the Admin tool will configure the installation server at that path.

Or, by your question, are you referring to an installation of an SAP server, i.e. SAP ERP or R/3, on the same host as your SAPGUI Installation Server? This is possible but not normally recommended. However, they shouldn't conflict with each other or have too much in the way of interdependencies. However, since some operations, like applying patches to the Installation Server, can possibly result in a need to reboot the server, it's best if the Installation Server is on its own host so that this doesn't interrupt other operations, like running your SAP system.

Cheers,

Matt

jude_bradley
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Larry,

it looks like this component 41D37BB1-B482-41BC-A1A4-B3662A55A021 is requred as a dependency and can't be found.

Can you in nwsapsetupadmin, click on "check server" and see if any missing files are reported?

Jude