cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CKPRCH025 after material ledger future price release

0 Kudos

Hi experts,

My client wants to release actual cost from material ledger as standard cost. We follow ML cookpit up to mark step and defined the dinamic realease.

After the release, when we try to post a movement material (from PP order) error message "CKPRCH025-A current or future standard price exists for material" arise.

As a solution, it is proposed to delete the current cost estimate thorugh CKR1 transaction, but here I have some concerns.

1.- The future price from ML replace standard price but not current cost estimate. How will be manage COPA valuation as no cost estimate exist (deleted whith CKR1)?

2.- Should we choose between standard cost estimate or actual price released from material ledger? Is there a way to move actual price from ML and keep standard cost estimate?

3.- In case it is possible to manage standard cost from ML and standard cost estimate....how would be the impact in case of they have different prices?

Thanks in advance for your help. I really need to understand ML price release and its relation with standard cost estimate.

Best Regards,

Jorge

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge

I am providing you some views on your question:

1.- The future price from ML replace standard price but not current cost estimate. How will be manage COPA valuation as no cost estimate exist (deleted whith CKR1)?

........  Suppose you are in period 1 having Std cost..so when you do ML run you can release act cost as std cost for period 2. In co-pa you manage by actual cost not by std cost.

2.- Should we choose between standard cost estimate or actual price released from material ledger? Is there a way to move actual price from ML and keep standard cost estimate?

......... If ML / Act cost is active always better to value at act cost in co-pa...In my view you will not get both the option in co-pa parallelly

3.- In case it is possible to manage standard cost from ML and standard cost estimate....how would be the impact in case of they have different prices?

............. Can't manage std cost through ML...so question does not arise

Kamal

0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

Thanks for your answer.

I have some can not imagine how could this work. Let me explain this more in detail:

1.- We have set up COPA valuation mapping all cost elements from cost estimate price. It is a requirement to have a cost estimate to allow billing released to accountin. As it is not possible to release future cost from ML if current or future estimate cost exist, the proposed solution is to blank cost estimate thorugh CKR1. After current cost estimate is blanked all billings will be blocked to accounting.

Is there a way to replace current standard cost with future standard cost from ML?

2.- Currently we got actual ML price in COPA as follow:

a. Current estimate price from valuation

b. Difference vs ML price performing re-valuation functionality (KE27).

Should we set up COPA in a different way to capture detailed ML price directly from ML?

3.- I can not figure out how valuation will work.

I hope these could give you enough detail of the issue we are facing.

Another option proposed from the note is to change the error message detailed in the subject to warning.....but again, how differences in prices between ML future price and cost estimate will work?

Best regards,

Jorge

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge

In my view:

1.Is there a way to replace current standard cost with future standard cost from ML?....No..at least in standard I never seen. May wait for other to comment

2. Should we set up COPA in a different way to capture detailed ML price directly from ML?..... Yes you can do in costing key in "set up valuation using material cost estimate" in copa

Kamal

udo_werner
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

the most important question then is why your customer wants to release actual prices as future standard prices. When a company has good standard cost estimates an make use of them in profitability reporting , I would keep them as standard prices. The step in the ML cockpit is by no means obligatory. It is not even SAP-recommended. ML price determination and all other steps work very reliable when the standard price from cost estimates stays valid for longer times, even though the actual price might vary. CO-PA would show then in parallel costs according to standard (from billing) and from actuals (KE27).

The releasing of actual prices as standards are usually used by customers who have no standard cost estimates at all or claim that these are getting outdated so fast that the rather use the actual prices as standard.

A coexistence of a released standard cost estimate with price x and a standard price y in material master (from ML price release) is considered a system inconsistence. You can pick up also other cost estimates (not only released or future) during billing for CO-PA but I the information you get by that appears questionable

best regards,   Udo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Do you have any clue about the subjet detailed in previous message?

Best regards,

Jorge