cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with endSeparator in File Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to load an (EDI) File that looks like this when I open it with a text editor:

BEG00NEC3315858400061226…CURCYUSD…PERBD etc.

I was told that the Segment End Separators (...) represent HEX 85. My understanding is that the endSeparator in the File Sender Adapter Content Conversion has to look like: '0x85'. But this does not work. I also tried out the following without success:

'0x0085'

'...'

Can somebody tell me what I have to use for the endSeparator?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please follow the link below it should solve your issue.

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2005/08/17/nab-the-tab-file-adapter

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bandi,

thanks for the link. According to that thread as the hexadecimal notation for ... is 0x85, I enter '0x85' as the value for the endSeparator. Still the adapter does not recognise this. I also tried ... but still no success. Any other idea how to solve this?

Thanks and regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

BTW, when I use '0x85' I get the following error message in the Adapter Monitoring for this Communication Channel:

- 2007-04-17 12:55:40 CEST: Error: Conversion initialization failed: Exception: java.lang.NumberFormatException: Value out of range. Value:"85" Radix:16

Any clou what that means?

Thanks.

Alex

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alex,

What is the error that you get in this case?

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Below is the link for HexaDecimal to Ascii now there you can find the conversion for HEX 85 please try to pass that character.

http://www.cdrummond.qc.ca/cegep/informat/Professeurs/Alain/files/ascii.htm

Lets see if this works out

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Error Message for endSeparator '0x85'

- 2007-04-17 12:55:40 CEST: Error: Conversion initialization failed: Exception: java.lang.NumberFormatException: Value out of range. Value:"85" Radix:16

Best regards.

Alex

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alex,

Can you try with the same content conversion but with a different endSeparator to check if this is an issue with your enSeparator.

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Try <b>'0x2E'</b> insted of '0x85' and check it once again.

as for <b>'.'</b> the equivalent hex notation is 2E

check this link

http://www.asciitable.com/

Regards

Sachin

Message was edited by:

Sachin Dhingra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhingra,

good idea. I tested it, the file was loaded by the Adapter but is not visible in the message monitoring. The Adapter monitoring for this communication channel shows green. The file simply disappears...it seems.

Any idea why?

Thanks.

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

If adapter monitoring shows up and runnning then go to tcode : SXMB_MONI

check the message status...it will explain what are the steps gone through the..

If message is not coming then the problem in File content conversion...if any problem in FCC it won't shows any error message in Adapter monitoring.

You need to check throughly your FCC parameters are passed correctly...if FCC parameters are correct file will pick and it will converit into SOAP-XMl format...otherwise no message will appear.

Regards,

Venu.