cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP - Access Files stored in Content Server from NON SAP Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have a requirement where We are creating an External NON SAP Web application - to access the Files stored in SAP Content Server.

So we have this FM that we are using to get the File URL  - SDOK_PHIO_GET_URL_FOR_GET and it gives back an http file link.

In Test System ,When the Content server setting has Security not enabled,We click on the URL link and it opens the Text file contents and there is no issue.

But When the Content server security is enabled,it prompts for a User ID /Password (which will be the case in PRD since we cannot disable the security.)

We created a test ID for the content server but that does not help. It still keeps prompting.

We tried using the SAP R3 user ID - that does not work either.

Any ideas on how to fix this ? Is there any setting we are missing or need to check ?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Sowmya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ameya_beri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have you configured security certificate in CSADMIN ?

Please check the below link, and hope it helps

Secure URLs - SAP Content Server - SAP Library

I believe you should discuss this problem with BASIS/Security Consultant in your project.

Best Regards,

Ameya B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just FYI  - Checking with SAP -We are being told that if Security is enabled in content server ,the File cannot be accessed from external application via URL.

Thanks,
Sowmya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Assuming correct CSADMIN setup (the SAP system certificate needs to be sent to Content Server), you just have to generate the URL in the SAP system so that the URI parameters secKey and expiration are included in the URL. Any application, external or internal, can then access the URL as long as the security key is valid.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Right - thats what we thought should be the case and its quite surprising to be honest.

So with URL lifetime = X, We get the http URL back with auth ID , Expiration (99991231) and security key from the FM.

But when we use this URL or try to open via browser,it prompts for a Username / Password - Now I am not sure what user ID / Password is it looking for..

I was looking at the CSADMIN config - and found that the auth id that the URL has is actually linked to the parameters on the certificate installed in the SAP system...and the security key generated is probably linked to it ?

So when accessing from a non sap application,I am not sure if the generated security key will work, which is for the security certificate installed for the SAP system.. or maybe we are missing some config..

I was checking the SCN for this - found a link from way back in 2006 - where they ended up not doing it...

Any thoughts or feedback is highly appreciated..