cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CALL_FUNCTION_REMOTE_ERROR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are facing CALL_FUNCTION_REMOTE_ERROR -ST22 dump issue in solution manager server.

Almost every minute its generating one abap dump.

I have checked all RFC's and background jobs all are successful.

After that i found sap notes below and note suggested ,Please apply the corrections attached.

AS of now we are in ST-710-SAPKITL706 and its suggested to ST-710-SAPKITL709.

Now my doubt is is their any work around to resolve this  without applying ST component if any one faced this kind of issue .

Please advise.

Note 1826444:CALL_FUNCTION_RECEIVE_ERROR or CALL_FUNCTION_REMOTE_ERROR runtime errors in SAP Solution Manager

Below is the details of ABAP dump:

Short text                                                                                        |

|    "Error during call of SAP back end system (see long text)"

What happened?                                                                                    |

|    Error in the ABAP Application Program                                                         |

|                                                                                                  |

|    The current ABAP program "SAPLE2E_FUNC" had to be terminated because it has                   |

|    come across a statement that unfortunately cannot be executed.                                |

|                                                                                                  |

|    The error occurred during an RFC call to another system.                                      |

|    In the target system, a short dump has been written as well.                                  |

|    More detailed information on the error cause can be found there.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SAP,

Now my doubt is is their any work around to resolve this  without applying ST component if any one faced this kind of issue .

As per the SAP Note 1828734 - SAPLE2E program runtime error 'CALL_FUNCTION_REMOTE_ERROR' you need to apply the corrections as accordingly with your system support package to overcome the issue.

I am looking is their any temporary work around to resolve the issue with out applying ST component

When SAP suggested solution is available with us than follow only standards and try to avoid usage of any type of workarounds for error free SAP system executions.

So in my opinion you need to take downtime for the application of corrections.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for the reply ,yes we are planning the same .

But time being to stop the dumps I am looking for if any work around.

We can apply through SPAM only ST patches right ?

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you checked this SAP note,please check if it solves

1828734 - SAPLE2E program runtime error 'CALL_FUNCTION_REMOTE_ERROR'

Thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saxena,

Thanks for the reply, I have already gone through the note ,this note also suggested to apply ST support package update;

I am looking is their any temporary work around to resolve the issue with out applying ST component

Patches

Solution

Please kindly apply the corrections for your corresponding Support Package.

Correction Instructions

Correction Instructions

Software Component

Valid from

Valid to

Number

ST

ST

ST

ST

ST

ST

ST

ST

ST

Support Packages & Patches

Support Packages

Software Component

Release

Support Package

ST

SAPKITL709

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The corrections for each support package are listed under the section "Correction Instructions".

The SAP note says that apply the corrections for your corresponding Support Package and the corrections are delivered as a part of SAPKITL09

Please try to implement the SAP note if applicable with SNOTE and share the results.

Thanks

Prakhar