cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macro Testing Negative

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have created a simple macro which sums the values of key figure "X" and "Y" for the same period, and then round the sum to a whole number without decimal places.

I have tested the Macro and its working fine, but I was asked to do negative testing, Can someone help me what exactly meant by negative testing in this scenario.

Thanks in Advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check below points:

• Put numbers in those KF in decimals and check (if decimal allowed in KF) what is the rounding result.
  • Remove the rounding logic from macro and check the results. It would be opposite of what you want i.e. just copy without rounding.
  • Depending upon the event for macro check it does not work for other event. If it is default event then it will work i every case.
  • Try to put value in negative in key figure (if allowed) and see results.
  • Are you using the same in background job, if yes then check next steps if they have any impact if this is not executed.

Rest depends upon your scenario's. Though I don't expect anything apart from above.

If this already answer your question follow

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

KF X is a result of KF's A+B

In this case only KF"Y" have input option. No negative values are allowed

X+Y KF's results in sum in KF "Z"

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then test it as usual considering above valid points. If negative is not allowed then much easy to test. Make sure that you test when KF A has value and B is zero or vice-verse. Thereafter cross check next steps. There is nothing as such negative testing being simple macros but check for event assigned and results.

regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have few other Macros in same data view with Aux kf's. will there be any impact on thOSE Macros ?

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the definition of those macros and KF and test it. If they are directly picking some information from above KF's cross check that results are as expected w.r.t. auxiliary KFs' and macro's.

If they are not directly linked with above KF's then no impact. Would recommend you to test I complete scenario as it should not take more of time for testing.

I think you can close the thread if answered by following How to close a discussion and why

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its a new KF added to data view, Macros I was talking about are all Alert Macros. New KF is not used in any of those Macros

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now you are mixing issue(s) here. Your initial query was for "negative testing" and now you are talking about new KF.

I would recommend you to close this thread if already answered w.r.t. subject line and open new thread (or search before for the same) for your next query. Please follow SCN rules and don't mix issues.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, sorry for confusion. I was trying to say that its a new KF added in data view and not part of existing Macros.

Will close the thread shortly

Thanks

Answers (0)