cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web IDE overwrites files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm using SAP Web IDE (currently version 1.13.7) hosted on HANA Cloud Platform and experienced following behavior a few times:

The IDE overwrites some source files with the content of other files (existing in the project) randomly.

In my experience it wrote the content of my SAPUI5 index.html file over some of my JS files.

I didn't recognize a pattern and so I can't reproduce the bug by myself.

Possible causes I could think of:

• Reloading Web IDE after session timeout with open files
  • Usage of git

My setup:

Mac OS X 10.10.4

Safari 9.0

I didn't experience this issue on other setups, simply because I haven't used any other browser or operating system for developing with Web IDE yet.

Has anyone of you similar experiences with SAP Web IDE?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

Does this issue can be reproduced consistently?

If not, Can you please try to describe in details on which scenarios  did you encounter this issue?

Details that can be useful:

1. How many tabs were open before the the issue has happened? Were there tabs with dirty content?

2. When a content of some file was overwritten, was the tab of this file in dirty state?

3. Which action in the git pane was made that led to this issue?

Any information could help us to find the root cause faster.

Thanks,
Shahar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

No, I can't reproduce this issue.

1. Probably 4, 5 open files/tabs. I always save my files before leaving the IDE (e.g. switching browser tabs) --> no dirty content.

2. see point 1

3. I can't say for sure that any action in git pane led to this issue, but I didn't use any other action besides 'commit & push'.

Thanks,

Lukas

0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

I have a few more questions:

1. Does this issue occurred after switching a tab?

2. When some tab content was overwritten, was the original content restored after refreshing your browser?

Thanks,

Shahar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shahar,

1. I know it is not very helpful, but I can't say for sure when it happens.

2. It overwrites the content of the file, not just the view (tab content). So I had to restore the original content from git or other backups.

Thanks,

Lukas

0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

We have fixed similar issues in version 1.14 including the issue that was mentioned by Anuraag Aggarwal (code getting copied over many times after an exception).

Please try to work with the new version and let me know if you encounter this issue again.

If this is happens (I hope it won't) try to add all the relevant details.

Regards,

Shahar

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

Thanks for letting us know, we will have a look at it asap. If you're somehow able to reproduce it please let us know.

Regards,
Michal.

anuraag_aggarwal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

I have also faced problems using WebIDE like code getting copied over many times after an exception etc. For me - Chrome(incognito mode) and only a single instance of IDE has lowered the frequency of issues.

More information available here

Best Regards - Anuraag

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anuraag,

Have you also experienced these issues on Mac?

Thanks,
Michal.

anuraag_aggarwal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

I am a windows user and haven't tried WebIDE on a Mac.

Best Regards - Anuraag