cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canonical Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I would like to know how to transform any data in PI/PO to Canonical Structure or common format.Could you please give me some example?Is it only possible for 1:N or N:N scenarios? I have several legacy systems in the lanscape and I am using PI 7.4 version.Is this kind of mapping is useful in my context?if yes,how to do it? what are the options available?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SAmbaran,

AFAIK - we only have canonical format or canonical structure. There is no term call canonical mapping.

you can refer the below doc to understand canonical format

regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Harish,I had gone through this link earlier but I would like to know exactly how do we implement it in PI..Do you have any example?

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sambaran,

Canonical structure is splitting the message into smaller part. Like if you order message and if it contain the different field

Name

Quantity

Address

etc.

The name can be define as one unit which can be made from first name and last name. similarly quantity is one structure and address is the structure contains sub structures like city, zip code, street no etc.

So the final structure made up by this small structure will call canonical model. The advantage of canonical model is you can use the smaller part in different message/flows.

Hope it will help!!

Harish