cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API0000: Fatal Exception: Encountered unexpected package application type, \"\".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I've clicked on a device's package tracking log:

Instead of the log appearing, this happened:

In the Server Log i see the Message API0000: Fatal Exception: Encountered unexpected package application type, \"\".:

What happened, and how can we fix it?

Cheers,

Tobias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

volker_saier
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Tobias,

Does this issue only occur with one specific device or apps? If yes, please provide which devices and apps are causing this issue.

Additionally please provide a screenshot of the application policy.

If the affected devices are Android, then it is very likely that the affected Android devices running an older version of ROM which do not support file format that being used by Google Play store apps.

Best regards

Volker Saier

SAP Active Global Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker

This happens only with a specific device, having the same policies as other devices that don't have this problem.

This is the device throwing the exception (iOS 8.4):

Regards,

Tobias

volker_saier
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Tobias,

If the affected device is an iPad, it is very likely that an iPhone app is linked to this Afaria group.

Are the other devices in this group iPhone devices? If yes, you have to create a separate application policy for iPads with iPad app.

Best regards

Volker Saier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker

I have app policies for the following apps in the group:

- 469337564 / com.adobe.Adobe-Reader (required)

- 363501921 / com.citrix.ReceiveriPad (optional)

- 623998894 / com.barco.clickshare (optional)

The other devices in the group are all iPads too. I've only had 1 iPhone in the whole devices list that has been used for testing in February for which the payload has already been removed, but this device was assigned to a different group. Still I've deleted the inventory data of this device now, but the error remains...

Cheers,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any News on this?

Cheers,

Tobias

volker_saier
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Due to the fact that only one specific device is affected, which is member of the same Afaria group as the other unaffected devices, I would recommend to delete this device in Afaria Admin and re-enroll it to solve the issue.

Best regards

Volker Saier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker

Thanks for the Feedback!

In the meantime i've found a few other devices, where this occurs (maybe 3 or 4 out of 70 enrolled devices).

I can delete these devices and re-enroll. But for us, this is really not the solution we expect.

If we would do this, we would have fixed the few occurences, but we would not know why this happened and if and when this could happen again.

So we would prefer, if you could have a closer look on this and find out why this happens.

If it fits you more, i can open up a new incident and try to handle it over the support process.

How do you suggest moving on with this?

Kind regards,

Tobias

volker_saier
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Yes, please open an incident for this issue, if more and more devices are affected. Then further debugging is necessary to find the root cause.

Best regards

Volker Saier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker

Ok, there is an incident open for this issue now. Will post it here if there's a solution.

Cheers,

Tobias