Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP Processing Sequence

suwandi_cahyadi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

AFAIK, for FTP Sender adapter picks up files in ascending alphabetical order.

Let's say that I have the following file name "file_<sequence_number>", for example:

file_111

file_112

file_113

Can we guarantee that file file_111 will be processed first before file_112?

I think even if it is guaranteed that file_111 will be processed first before file_112, we need to use the EOIO QoS because if we use the EO QoS there's a possibility that we encounter a locking error if file_111 & file_112 and we end up having file_112 & file_113 in error. In case of error and the error messages is transferred to FEH, then we need to also make sure that FEH could process the message in ascending based on the message creation time.

My requirement is that there will be a few days system down time, and during that day the legacy sender system will keep sending the file and when the system is up again, I need to process the file in the correct sequence.

Thank you,

Suwandi C.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suwandi ,

You can try removing the check "Stop processing after faulty files". This will make sure that if there is a faulty file then it will ignore that(You can also archive the same) and it will move to next file in EOIO.

This will make sure that the correct files are not stuck in the sequence.

Further , a good design will be to include alerts for this interface , so that if some files are stuck then alerts will help you to resolve issue on time.

Thanks

suwandi_cahyadi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for the reply. The "Stop processing after faulty files" is interesting and I do find the documentation here:

Configuring the SFTP Sender Channel - SAP NetWeaver Process Integration, secure connectivity add-on ...

But I can't seem to find it in my SAP PI, is it only available in certain version or only available in SFTP adapter?

Thank you,

Suwandi C.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suwandi ,

Yes that option is available with SFTP. If you are using FTP then you can use Archive faulty file option.

Also alert should be there as it is EOIO.

Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suwandi,

One Way : Kindly make sure that the number of messages per queue is set significantly as high as possible, so that all the messages are queued up in one single queue. Once the system is up the queue can be unlocked and messages will start flowing as required.

Other Way : If the number of messages per queue be not changed, then you can unlock each queue carefully by comparing the time stamp between the queues.

My suggestion to you will be to consult with BASIS team and make sure that the number of messages per queue is atleast moderate.

Thanks,

Kind Regards,

Souvik