cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

switch back to development with release in charm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Accidentally  the project phase has been switched to test phase from development with release for an implementation  type project. More over i know that its not possible to release the normal corrections in Test phase.Some of the normal corrections are in different phases like " in development ", " created" phase. is it possible to complete the normal corrections which are in "in development " status. Please let me know this

What is the best practice to handle this type of situation??Is there any way in charm to switch back to development with release.

And also one more question, Please let me know that we can have 2 maintenance projects for the same landscape like "ECC" because my client wants to create a new one since it will take a while to complete all the existing changes under the current project

Thanks and Regards

Praveena Bingi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

SMDV is a new transaction type for solman 7.1  for project cycle. even then when im trying to change the phase from development without release to development with release im getting below error:

Transaction type SMDV cannot be maintained

CRM Web UI.

Can anyone please guide me how to resolve it

Thanks and Regards

Praveena Bingi

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can switch back to previous phase if it is in test phase, you need to go to the project and then in change management tab go to the project phase cycle, From there you can edit and switch back to previous phase.

This is normal scenario and in these scenarios we can still switch back to previous phases.

Yes its possible to create the two projects for same ECC landscape.

Thanks

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishav

I have tried to edit it before its throwing an error like as mentioned below.

Could you please check and help me

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems you are working with old transaction types, Its recommended already to close this cycle and open with a new transaction type.

https://websmp210.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000674032012E.pdf

I dont think changing the gui channel to CRM WEB GUI will work here.

Regards

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have tried to replicate the same in Sandbox system with new transaction type only. eventhen im getting same error