cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Returns Process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to create a virtual returns process to do a return on physical and virtual products that would allow us to issue a credit, credit the stock to a virtual location (bypassing the need for a physical GR in the warehouse(all with reference to the sales document that started the chain) and do a debit either to the same sold to or a different sold to if required.

All of this needs to be without using the debit and credit memo (zdr , zcr) as these do not affect cost at all. Not affecting the cost has impact , especially in regards to sales rep reporting only showing the revenue and not the cost distorts the figures.

I believe that ZRD and ZRK would do most of this, but would like to get more information re these types before looking into it further. Any information / opinions you can give me would be appreciated.

regards

Ian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently for the Virtual products ,how they are maintained in system?  What material type is used?

Please do provide details.

SRK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Virtual materials use the following types: ZWAR, ZLCN, ZVSC. Physical products use ZTAN. To clarify, I would like the return process to work for all products. I have (perhaps in correctly) labelled it as a virtual returns process as for this option I don't want to have to do an actual goods receipt in the warehouse. The thought behind using a fixed warehouse location for this process is so we can show the cost of the product coming back into the business, and if a re- invoicing to the customer ( or a different customer) is required, both transactions will show the cost as standard credit & debit memos do not record / use the cost.

Ian