Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculations on hours ?

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I need to do a cell level calculation, if i do that in bex i cannot incorporate in webi based on the limitation. So i am trying to do that in webi level. The problem i am facing is i have a bex output where the calculation is based on hours. Take a look at the output below in bex.

When i take the same report to webi report it displays as same, now i need to sum up the hours here based on the "IDEAL TIME FOR REASONS". How to achieve this in webi. Appreciate your help on this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to first indentify hour,minutes & seconds from your time difference field using formula like

Hour =if length([time difference) = 7 then  substr([time difference];1;1) else  substr([time difference];1;2)

Minutes =if length([time difference) = 7 then  substr([time difference];3;2) else  substr([time difference];4;2)

Seconds = if length([time difference) = 7 then  substr([time difference];6;2) else  substr([time difference];7;2)

Now all of these would be measure objects

after that just add the hour ,minutes ,seconds by using variable

var_total = [hours]+[minutes]+[seconds]

another variable

var_hours = [var_total]/24

var_minutes = ([var_total] - [var_hours]*24)/60

var_seconds = [var_total] - [var_hours]*24-[var_minutes]*60

And then concate all the three variables which will give you result in hh24:mm:ss format.

Thanks,
Swapnil

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to alert you both my objects are dimensions, when i am doing the hours calculations i am getting multi-value error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please try below formula:

Hour =if length([time difference) = 7 then  sum(substr([time difference];1;1)) else  sum(substr([time difference];1;2))

Minutes =if length([time difference) = 7 then  sum(substr([time difference];3;2)) else  sum(substr([time difference];4;2))

Seconds = if length([time difference) = 7 then  Sum(substr([time difference];6;2)) else  sum(substr([time difference];7;2))

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried the formula??

You got you answer?

I want to change one step which is highlighted...

You have to first indentify hour,minutes & seconds from your time difference field using formula like

Hour =if length([time difference) = 7 then  substr([time difference];1;1) else  substr([time difference];1;2)

Minutes =if length([time difference) = 7 then  substr([time difference];3;2) else  substr([time difference];4;2)

Seconds = if length([time difference) = 7 then  substr([time difference];6;2) else  substr([time difference];7;2)

Now all of these would be measure objects

after that just add the hour ,minutes ,seconds by using variable

var_total = [hours]*3600+[minutes]*60+[seconds]

another variable

var_hours = [var_total]/24

var_minutes = ([var_total] - [var_hours]*24)/60

And then concate all the three variables which will give you result in hh24:mm:ss format.

Thanks,
Swapnil

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I got the first part getting the total of hours, minutes & seconds now i need the total hours, minutes & seconds.

I multiplied the hours with 60 and then add with minutes then i divided with 60, i got the hours, but then i got stuck up in minutes again. Please note that total hours can be more than 24.

Former Member
0 Kudos

lets say your total is 2790

So for hour

Hour  = 2790/24 = 46.5..... take integer so final value is 46 only

Now to calculate minutes

Minutes = (2790 - Hour*60)/60 = (2790 - 46*60)/60 = 30/60=0.5 ... Now take integer only which would be 0

and for second

seconds = (2790 - Hour*60-Mintue*60)= 2790-2760-0 = 30 secods...

Now you can create another variable to concate all the values like

Final = Hour : Minutes : Seconds

I hope this will help you.

Use following updated code:

var_hours = tuncate([var_total]/24;0)

var_minutes = truncate(([var_total] - [var_hours]*24)/60;60)

Thanks,

Swapnil

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is seems to be not working after bifurcating till seconds. I have identified the hours by [total seconds]/3600. Now i need the minutes. what i am trying to achieve is taking those decimal values and * 60. How to take only those decimal values. Means 8.33,4.82,63.92 i need only .33,.82.92.

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Finally I cracked it with taking the total values/3600 and then taking those value into floor() then dividing with them i got the decimal values now i multiplied 60, i got the minutes.

Thanks a lot for your support on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good to know that you have cracked it.

You can mark my asnwer as correct and close the thread.

Thanks,

Swapnil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cell calculations are supported when using bics, can you give it a try?

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Working on those cell calculations will let you know, but tell one thing does cell restrictions has been solved by SAP ? I hope its a limitation in BO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cell calculations are supported in Web Intelligence using BICS, so in your case I would try to get it working with BEx.