cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Step Picking WM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are planning to use two step picking but have below queries.

If I have 2 outbound deliveries in which I need  XYZ material for 1st delivery 10 qty & for 2nd deliver 5 qty.

But I have only 8 qty available & want to allocate for 1st delivery 3 qty & for 2n delivery 5 qty. How can I do this in LX39

As while allocation it creates TO and don't ask as to how I want to allocate it.

Thanks,

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in the first step you will pick all the 8 qty in the second step using LT03 when you are allocating the quantity per delivery during that period you can assign 5 to one delivery and 3 to another delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

So is it not possible from LX39 screen ?

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Of course you can, in LX39, click on Allocation on your group, then Create TO then you will be transferred to LT42 and then choose foreground.and proceed. It's practically the same, the only difference is that LX39 calls LT42 for you.

Regards,
Mihailo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kiran,

First I'd like to point out that if your system lets you create a TO for 15 PCS and you have only 8 PCS, then you should look at some other process for the cause of the problem. Maybe you have system stock but no physicial stock or some other problem, but that should be managed by WH coordinators and should only happen once in a (very long) while. If it happens often then your processes should be reconsidered and/or maybe your WH workers that would make counting errors while picking and leave you with + or - stock once in a while.
All in all, it should be handled before it happens, or just after it happens, that's how I managed to keep it under control at a client that had a very lazy team of pickers that produced a lot of problems by bad counting or not even counting while picking/putaway/replenishment.
Everything needs to be tightened up, or you will see the problems manifest in picking always, or in 90% of the cases.

However, when this happens with 2 step picking, I have one idea of what might help. But I'm not sure it'll work as I have no system at the moment to try it out before i post so please do it yourself.

In LT42 (second step), you can specify your group, and while creating TO's, create only for the first delivery (e.g. 10 PCS). Then confirm that TO with difference (confirm 5 PCS and 5 as difference).
Make sure the difference is posted to the same (source) bin.
After first one is confirmed partially, again go to LT42 and create TO for second delivery, it will offer the rest of the available stock at storage type 200 and you can confirm it completely.

I'll try to find a system where I can also test this to make sure it works if you're in no situation to test.

Regards,
Mihailo