cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Registration About Email Link or Password

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

it is possible to change the SAP Portal Self Registration so that User don't insert the password by themself seperate the system send the user a Email with a Initial - Password which the user can change after the first LogOn?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer but after I had read this I'm not sure if a email registration is possible with standard self registration or not?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/44/0761cea5c610b3e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

Can somebody help me where I can find the attribute "Generate a password automatically" and where it is to customize?

Under com.sap.security.core.ume.services I find the attribute "Self Registration" but nothing like "Generate a password automatically"!

Thanks in Advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Generate password can be found when you go to the user management.I mean go to http://server:port/index.html--

usermanagementthen click create new user or go to existing user--

you can see a radio button for generate password /in case of exisiting user just click modify you will get the same option.

Reward suiatble points

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the name of the self registration file if I set the link to umLogonPage.jsp?

(umLogonPage.jsp,umLogonProblemPage.jsp,umHelpPage.jsp,umResetPasswordPage.jsp,changePasswordPage.jsp,umLogonCertPage.jsp...?)

If I want for example change two fields of the self registration where can I find them in the file?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Search for selfreg*.jsp.May be here you can do the changes you want.

Also Reward points:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Follow the link.Hope this helps you.

/thread/71681 [original link is broken]

Regards, and reward if helpful

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It works! Thanks,...