Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with CTMAPLOG tcode /SAPAPO/CTMAPLOG

former_member323340
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

After running CTM when I go to /sapapo/ctmaplog I get the below details,

When I click on explaination and download into excel I see only those 48 demand which were not filled and am missing the 807 demands which were fulfilled. What could be the reason for this. Am I missing something.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lakshamanamurthy,

The explanation log in general only shows exceptions (delays, shortages, etc)

If you want to see all demands, and a summary of their solutions, look at the Demand Coverage under the Results Indicators.

You can see as much logging as you care to by changing your CTM profile settings.  /SAPAPO/CTM > Settings Tab > Technical Settings subtab, select all of the logging you want to be saved.  Be aware that CTM logs can be huge; you need to watch your disc space if you have large complex CTM runs with all logs saved.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member323340
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi DB,

I checked the Log Setting in the CTM profile. The issue is in production environment and I am not sure what were the setting in the CTM profile when the run was done. Is there a way I can find out what was the Log Setting in the profile at the time of run of the CTM.

BEst Regards

lss

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I hope you are not changing your CTM profiles every now and then in productive environment. If that's not the case go to technical settings tab under settings tab and check log settings.

As mentioned by expert Dogboy 49 go to CTM log and check whether you see the same details for your CTM run. If yes click on explanations and check what is the message there.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lakshmanamurthy,

I am wondering why you would even think that this setting might have been changed for a specific run.

You can see the date of last change of the CTM profile in /SAPAPO/CTM.  If there are no changes since the CTM run with the 'missing' logs, then what you see in the current CTM profile is the setting that was used during the run of interest.  If the profile shows that it was changed 'recently', then no, there is no history to show what the setting was before.

Did you find the Demand coverage log I spoke of earlier?  Do you have logs from ANY run that have the data you seek?  E.g. is this a new problem, or you are trying to display new logs that have not previously been displayed?

If you know there are individual logs missing, and you see no system errors, and there were no profile changes, then you probably should assume the logs were deleted, rather than assume they were not created.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member323340
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi DB,

Thank you for the above message. I checked and compared the timestamp of the CTM Last changed date in the profile and the execution date as per the CTMAPLOG. I could confirm that no change was done after the CTM execution.

However the problem is totally CTM has created orders for 208 demands and has not created order for 48 demand as I was running with finite setting. Now, when I check the explanation and try to download it into Excel, in the excel I get only the details of the 48 demand which were not fulfilled and the remaining 208 are missing.

I checked the demand coverage in the results option. It shows a single line with demand coverage as 100%

What could be the reason why the fulfilled 208 demands are not appearing in the explanation option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lakshmanamurthy,

????  They do not exist in the explanation log because there is nothing to be explained for them.  This is per standard CTM functionality.

The types of items that will appear in the explanation log are noted on the explanation log profile. /SAPAPO/CTMEXPL.  If none of those warnings or infos were generated (such as with a  solve for a demand with 0% shortage and 100% timely) then they will not appear in the explanation log.

Think of the explanation log as an 'exception listing'.

Best Regards,

DB49

Answers (0)