cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a Department Responsible to use as Partner Function

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there, can someone please explain me, step by step, how can I create a Department Responsible to use it in the Equipment and Functional Location as Partner Function. Asociation it is not a problem, the problem is the Department creation using, I guess, HCM transactions.

Currently, I´m using user responsible, but I would like to change this for a new Maintenance Department, but I do not know how to create it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards,

Mauricio.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there, thanks for all your help. but I´m not able to create a Department responsible, does anyone has a manual for it?. I´m talking about the HCM Consultant part. I think PM I can handle it.

Kind regards,

Mauricio.

anita_patil3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Marucio;

You can use the creation of organisation Unit with PO10. Assign this in partner functions.

Regards;

Avinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey Mauricio,

Please check table TVPA to see if you have Partner type 'O' maintained, if you don't then create a new entry using below values via transaction code SE16.

• Partner type:              O
  • Value table:               PLOGI
  • Partner object:                               (leave this blank)
  • Description:               Organizational Unit

Once you have created the above entry in TVPA then configure the Partner Determination Procedure and Partner Function node as pointed out by Jogeswara Rao Kavala

Pre-requisite: Department Responsible is the Organization Unit of HR module as such these need to be created / setup before you can use the Department Responsible as a partner function.

Some Organisation Unit transaction codes:

• PPOCE - Create a root Organizational Unit
  • PPOC   - Create Organizational Unit
  • PPOM   - Change Organizational Unit

Cheers,

Khayyam

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mauricio,

It is through tcode VOP2. Or through the following customizing path.

Then these settings

And then assigning the PDP to Equipment Category through Tcode OIEV. Is this what you are looking for ?

KJogeswaraRao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jogeswara, first of all, thanks for your answer. Configuration in PM side is not the problem, the problem is how to create the AB (department) partner function in HCM side, in order to have it available to be selected in PM objects. I think it must be created using HCM transactions, but I do not know which ones and how.