cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple versions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In IBP S&OP, I am trying to include multiple versions: 1. baseline 2. discount 3. no discount in the planning book but system error pops up when I click on 'save data".

I have already checked "new combination" , please let me know how to fix the error

Error:

An unexpected error occurred. Try again later. If the problem persists, report the error ID fc8cd54d-7e6f-4303-8fb7-7850ff401015 to your system administrator.

Thanks,

Tauseef

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi

you'll find it in the model config guide http://help.sap.com/download/ibp/ibp40_model_ref_en.pdf

SCENARIO ->PERMISSIONS is on the authorization, and SCN_COUNT_MAX is about the max number

But your error seems very unspecific, so is your description of your problem. What exactly did you do when the error pops up?

Do I understand correct that you created the versions in backend and could activate planning area, but if you try to enter data into the versions you get the error?

Did you copy initially the base version to the target version before you tried to enter value?

Yours

Irmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Irmi,

You are right,

I have created 2 versions: 1. Discount and 2. No Discount

Now I am trying to enter data in all 3 versions: 1. Baseline 2. Discount 3. No Discount

And I also create "New Combination' master data to include all customers, locations, versions, product family and product id.

But when I try to save the data it shows the error I mentioned before.

If you need screenshot then please let me know, I can send it. I usually send them to Alecsandra Ghita.

Thanks,

Tauseef

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Did you execute to copy the initial planning from base version to the other versions, under "manage versions"? This is prerequisite, try it first, will not work without

I don't know why you execute "New Combination"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tauseef,

The error message looks to be technical which can be best checked from backend. However, simple check is to verify scn_count_max. If you did not set in the global configuration then system takes the de-fault value of 3. Please check how many versions are there in your system for all planning areas.

Also as mentioned by Irmi, you need to initialize version from the base version by version copy function.

Regards

Rinju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Irmi,

I have copied baseline version to discount and no discount version with all master data and key figures and but still same error.

Hi Rinju,

total number of versions are 3 only 1. baseline 2. discount and 3. no discount

Still I don't see where is "scn_count_max". I am in SAP2 IBP S&OP and did tried checking global configurations, planning areas and versions.

Please let me know whether I send all the screenshots if you give me your email ids.

Thanks,

Tauseef

NJ, USA

anil_gupta8
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tauseef

Please  refer  to  page  112 of  configuration guide that  expains how to set the  global parameter.

Here is details steps

Go to configuration  then from miscellaneous  setting  select manage  global configuration

if you donot have already entry then create new entry

Parameter Group  select from the possible value  as scenario

Parameter Name  select from the possible value  as  SCN_COUNT_MAX

and now enter  Parameter as  3   ( user defined )This will allow to view   mutile version

As  explained  by Irmi and Rinku  most likey you should not get  excel error

Hope this helps

Regards

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

I have setup SCN_COUNT_MAX =3 as you explained,

still I am getting error.

Error:

Two different planning object IDs 32 and 1500 are used for the same keys

My expectation is very simple. I am working in IBP S&OP ver 2 and have created 3 versions: 1. baseline 2. discount 3. no discount

Please help,

Thanks,

Tauseef

0 Kudos

Have you checked the version specific MDT by mistake?

Suggest you open a message so we can take a look at your system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Vivek,

you are right,

I have clicked on "version specific master data"

shall I uncheck it in both versions 1. discount and 2. no discount

0 Kudos

Yes please uncheck and try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please check parameter max number of scenarios in the global configuration setting. Note that this parameter is for all planning areas and not per planning area. So for example if this parameter is 3, then total number of versions across planning areas, which you can work with is three.

regards

rinju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rinju,

Thanks for your reply.

I have checked Configuration Settings -> "Planning Area and Details" and don't find "max number of scenarios"

Please let me know where specifically is this parameter.

Thanks,

Tauseef