cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Insight Scripting Syntax Documentation

0 Kudos

I've reviewed the Information Steward User Guide looking for a comprehensive guide to the scripting language syntax.

But all I find are cursory examples of rules and features of the editors.

I've also searched the SAP Help site in general and found nothing more than very simple examples.

Is there a comprehensive guide available for Data Insight scripting?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

adrian_storen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Great question Raul.  I asked SAP about this about 18 months ago, and I was told that they were writing up a white paper on how best to use the functions, and also when to use one over another.  This is good as there are performance differences of the functions (and lookup functions can be slower when using some as opposed to using a view).  However, I am yet to see anything documented.

The user guide is good for syntax examples, but difficult to abstract to what you are trying to do.  There is a training course that only covers how to use DI, however there is also no advanced training course on building complex rules.  So you are left with trial and error or more likely, you do not take advantage of the full features of DI by being limited in the application.

Keep asking the question, as I think this piece is needed to allow users to get up to speed and maximise DI functionality.

regards

Adrian