Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTS code Handling for China

former_member433442
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am planning to use "Control code" field in the Material Master "Foreign trade" view to maintain HTS Code. Usually we maintain HTS code in the "Comm./imp. code no" field, but we got a unique requirement that when the sales org is for china and if issuing plant is "XXX" we need a different HTS code. So basically i need to maintain 2 HTS code for the same plant, so we have decided to use this "control code" field to maintain the second HTS code and then have custom logic to determine HTS code from this field.

Now my question is, maintaining value in this field will have any other impact? or if anyone have come across this scenario, is there a better solution to handle this case?

Thanks in advance..

Regards,

Prabu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you provide more details on your scenario? Where is plant XXXX located? which country sales orgs share the plant?

I would not recommend taking the control code field, as this may be needed in future by the business.

Regards,

former_member433442
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Plant is also located in china but in the Free trade zone. There are more than 10 sales orgs from different countries shares this plant.

Regards,

Prabu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prabu,

This link may help you determine the potential impact of using Control Code:

Hope this helps. Have a nice week!

Glenn