cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP document - attachment to PDF conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are looking at a requirement to convert the attachments added to Document in SAP to PDF format when the status changes to Released.

Now based on initial research,We found that we have Seal /Cideon options which seem to be the commonly used 3rd party converters...but we are definitely looking at other options for cost reasons.

I came across this link that talks about installation of SAP's basic conversion server -  and then using a C# program in the conversion server.

Has anyone tried it out and is it effective ?

I tried to check the SAR files available here but it says the link does not exist...

Conversion Server - Product Lifecycle Management - SCN Wiki

Do we have any working links / updated links for these ?

Any feedback is highly appreciated...

Thanks,
Sowmya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ameya_beri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sowmya,

Yes, you can go for non SEAL converter for conversion of original DMS documents to PDF and they work

I am aware of the below configurations using which you can achieve this,

SPRO -> Cross Application Components -> Document Management -> Conversion of Original Application Files -> Maintain Converter -> Here maintain the RFC Destination for ConvUtil

SPRO -> Cross Application Components -> Document Management -> Conversion of Original Application Files -> Define Conversion

Here you can define that when document status is set to released, automatic conversion is to be triggered. There are many conversion specific settings which you can configure here.

Create RFC connection using SM59 which will connect to the converter

I hope this helps you   below is a helpful link,

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20dfd97d-5792-2d10-acbf-aa32f044b...

Depending on your requirement and your budget you can go for already available converters in the market, SEAL being one of the popular ones.

Best Regards,

Ameya B.

Answers (0)