cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDM 8.0 process delay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

Does anyone have an idea where to find this in IDM 8.0? After Migration from 7.2 I can see some clock symbol in IDM 8.0 on the former Tasks which had a delay before start, but it now only indicates "wait for event task". I cannot seem to find the place where this is configured? Btw. the same goes for the former flag mechanism. The General tab in Action tasks in IDM 8.0 is only showing the retry Option and the wait time for that.

Any idea where to look for these settings?

Thanks in advance

Tobias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jrondorf
Participant
0 Kudos

Gone. Not there any more.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Task Delay is still working in IdM 8.0 we found after migrating from IdM 7.2

The "Delay Before Start" value is just hidden in database table MXP_TASKLNK.

You can set the Value via

update MXP_TASKLNK
set ChildDelay=<seconds to delay>
where TaskLnk=<TaskId to be delayed>

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suppose you could create a generic task that calls a script that would create a delay.

Sounds like a candidate for the SAP NetWeaver Identity Management (SAP IDM): Home Idea place!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I can probably live with a new Action Task and the uSleep function or direct logic to replace flags for new developments in IDM 8.0, but how are we supposed to take this into account during a Migration? There is no notification or anything that there are Tasks/processes for which any of these conditions are met. Going through the whole System after a Migration, process by process and task by task to identify these cannot be the serious option here, can it? If we migrate from 7.2 to 8.0 and not import an IDstore from 7.2 into a pre-Setup 8.0 system we are even missing the information what kind of delay was defined for the task in 7.2 or possibly which condition flag was set. By the way: What does the clock Symbol actually do? I cannot seem to get it to go away either.

jrondorf
Participant
0 Kudos

Well, after migration this is a process which does not work as before. For me it is not something for the idea place but a functionality not any more available, which needs to be added again.