cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM bin to bin transfer considering serial number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again WM gurus,

Do you know which movement number I could use to move a material with serial number? My scenario is to move a material bin to bin, I could use LT10, LT01 with movement 999, but it doesn't ask me a  material serial number as a movement 261 (trx MB1A) for example.

I've tried to use 999 in MB1A, but it is not possible. Please let me know if you know anything about it. I know it is possible moving from st. loc to st. loc., but I don't know internally in the same St Loc.

Thanks again

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As mentioned, it is not possible to use serial numbers internally in Warehouse Management,as bin to bin transfer.

Anyway serial numbers can be used with HU mgt along with WM as below.

Inbound : P.O -- Creation of Inbound delivery - Pack Materials using HU(here can assign serial numbers for HU, which will be SU in WM) - creation of T.O & confirmation of T.O -- PGR

Outbound : S,O -- Delivery - Creation of T.O wrt delivery - confirmation of T.O (here can pick which serial numbers required from HU if it is partial picking) - PGI.

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have more SNs in your one batch, it won't serve your reuirement.

To get what you need, you have to make a certain development, but it's quite an easy one I can assure you (comparing to some other I saw required on this forum).

1) Create an append structure or Z-table at item level TO (LTAP), call it Z_LTAP or Z_whatever.
In this apend structure include a field SERNR - serial number. You can also include other info if you wish.

2) Add a new field to a screen where you are confirming your item (either on computer or on RF handheld), where you could scan or enter the serial number which is being picked/moved.

3) In user exit - MWMTO002 Update own data after TO confirmation - you need to fill in your serial number from your field in step 2) (picking transaction) to your field in step 1) (append structure or Z table).

4) Create a simple report where you enter only SERNR and get all the TOs for that specific SERNR, or only get the latest TO. I'd prefer showing all TOs chronologically to be able to trace it from the entry to the exit.

When you complete those 4 steps... Voilla, you have done it.

Regards,

Mihailo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mihailo,

I'm a functional guy, but I think I got what you said. My point now is, where I can insert this serial number when I'm doing the transfer bin to bin. Technically a transfer bin to bin doesn't not generate a TR/TO, for example, transaction LT10.

My last try was creating a 309 in MB1B, but the system is trying to create a TO, but the TR is not created. I think 309 is not allowed for TR creation.

Thanks

Antonio

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How did you come to this conclusion:? Technically a transfer bin to bin doesn't not generate a TR/TO, for example, transaction LT10.

There is no movement in WM without TO. Just test it. And then check LT21 or directly the table LTAK and LTAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with you. None of bin to bin transfer process will generate a TR/TO. My idea is to use a 309 mat to mat, generating a history for the serial number. But till now I'm not able to create TR/TO for this 309. I will keep trying and I will post here my solution.

Thanks

Antonio

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry you're turning my words wrong, I never said " None of bin to bin transfer process will generate a TR/TO"

I said "There is no movement in WM without TO"

It right the opposite to your sentence.

jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Antonio

WM movements are not same as IM movements. Serial numbers are linked to IM movements so you will have tracking but for WM movements that do not communicate back to IM you can not have tracking..

One possible solution if your serial number is equal to your batch number. Means you have batch management as well. You classify your batch with serial number, then may able to do tracking on batches in WM and linking them to serials.

This seems to be only solution, no other solution possible it look like to me. But all the best.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for replying Jagdeep!

I heard something about HU in MW. I mean, if I work with handling units I should be able to do this. Any idea how does it works?

jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure that HU have classification and you are able link it back to serial but with batches I have seen you can have the tractability.

I think handling unit will complex your process if you are using WM..But not sure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any link or orientation in how I can do it with batches?

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in ERP WM we don't have provision to carry over the Serial number from IM, it is at Inventory management level only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I know it does not manage bin location in WM level, but if I could do any kind of movement just creating a TO and generating a serial number history.

From there I should be able to see the bin location. This is the only thing I need. Picking the last movement in the serial number history, my report will know where is the serial number.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

with standard SAP WM it is not possible to generate any serial number log as a result of TO creation as mentioned earlier Serial number management is limited up to Inventory management level. so any movement within WM won't be helpful

if you specify your requirement then probably we can look and suggest some alternate.Also in the above thread you mentioned "my report will know where is the serial number" is this a custom report or standard ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for asking. This is a custom report where I need to provide a visibility in regarding IM/WM position for a certain material and serial number.

So far, considering movements 101, 411 and 261, I should be able to track the serial number position using its history and then show it. The problem is when a bin to bin transfer is done, the information will not be accurate.