Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change search help in WDA in additional info but only for expense type Hotel

former_member189496
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Do you know if it is possible to change the search help for the field (e.g.) "Description" in Travel Expense in the Additional information screen - FITE_UI_RECEIPT_DETAIL - ?

But I would like to change it only for expense type "Hotel".

i have created a custom search help.

The goal is to provide thru this search help the list of hotels created in the hotel list catalogue (TA21PH).

When the employee will enter his expenses, for hotel category he will need to provide the exact name of the hotel like we have it in the hotel catalogue. So thru the search help he will be able to select the right one.

Thanks in advance for your help if you know how I can perform this.

Regards,

Christophe.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

I would do this with dynamic context programming. I.e. first create an enhancement for FITE_UI_RECEIPT_DETAILS, then hook up with the phase model, e.g. WDDOMODIFYVIEW. Within your coding you could then read the lead selection for node RECEIPTS . Then get the metadata within a reference of IF_WD_CONTEXT_NODE_INFO and then dynamically set your custom searchhelp when the receipt is a hotel receipt or eliminate it if it's not a hotel receipt for the context attribute via Method SET_ATTRIBUTE_VALUE_HELP.

CHeers, Lukas

former_member189496
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

Thanks for your help, i will have a look at this solution and will let you know if I succeed

BR

Christophe

former_member189496
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

Many thanks for your very helpful and detailed guidance, it has solved my problem

I have made an enhancement in view "DETAILS_VIEW" of web dynpro component "FITE_UI_RECEIPT_DETAILS".

I made a post exit in method WDDOMODIFYVIEW.

Now the help function for field "DESCRIPT" point to my custom help if the expense type is HTL.

I'm very happy having solved this because even if I have around 20 years of ABAP behind me , I'm a complete rookie in WDA and never had any training

Cheers.

Christophe

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Christophe,

nice it worked out for you! Indeed if you don't have much experience with WDA then it's hard to come up with a solution just like that, especially if it involves dynamic programming. It takes some time to get the experience and understanding what classes / APIs work together with which parts of the WDA frame work. But then again, here I only gave you a slight jog into the right direction and you were immediately able to adapt and implement it. Very nice!

Cheers, Lukas

Answers (0)