Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

start routine taking too long

tom_darsy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have the below select statement in my start routine

select creditor ac_doc_no from <FI active table> for all entries in <internal table> where

creditor = <internal table>-creditor and

posting date > <internal table>-creditor and

posting date <= sy-datum and

posting key = '31'.

the internal table containg 1 row for each creditor and posting date.

the dso the select is reading has only got 180,000 records in it.

this select statement is taking 1 hour to run and also fails on memory. I have checked st05 trace and it seems that the number of records being read is more than what is in the dso. example, i loaded data for only 1 creditor which has 11000 records in the FI DSO. but when i check in st05, it is showing number of records as 131000. any idea why.

i have created secondary index on the dso which includes creditor, posting date and posting key but does not make any difference. i have used hint command to force this to use the secondary index but no difference.

anyone any ideas?

thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please paste the screenshot from your ST05 trace (Explain).

R

tom_darsy
Participant
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This does not help . We would like to know about the "Explain" opration in ST05. Select the row and press F9.

R

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tom,

As I am aware when you load the data to DSO, those newly loaded data would be available in New data table, after activating the DSO then those data from New data table is moved to Active data table.

Please correct me if my above understanding is wrong.

Refer to below link

Are you using the correct table and whether the DSO is activated before your Transformation is run?

Also please explain the data flow where the DSO is involved and from FI DSO where are your transforming data to?

Regards,

TP