Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BPC 10 NW - Planning

former_member226891
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are just starting of with new Requirement into Planning and I am also new to Planning.

The Client does different types of Planning i.e. Financial,OPEX,HRM & CAPEX.

Now as per the Reports I could see the Planning is been done at Entity & Profit Center Level.

But in ECC we also have Cost Center. So how will the data flow from ECC to BW at both Profit Center & Cost Center Level or only at Profit Center Level?

S NoEntityProfit CentersOperationsEngineringCommercial
2ABC11000000100115012001
3ABC11000100100215022002
4ABC1100020010031503

Kindly suggest.

Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Ravi,

Ideally they should consider cost  center, without cost center how do you plan for OPEX, CAPEX ?

If you want to do planing on profit center level, bring the all the data of profit center and cost center level, in to BW and aggregate at profit center level.

Shrikant 

former_member226891
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant,

I have done 1 implementation of Consolidation , so we have used a standard Datasource I dont remember the name, to extract the GL level data along with Entity & Intercompany.

So for Planning also we will use same datasource and can we get all details related to profit & cost center from that or we need to refer to which datasource?

Kindly suggest

Regards,

Ravi

anil_agrawal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ravi,

You can use standard  0FI_GL_10 data source . It’s fulfill all the planning requirement like entity, PC, CC data at GL Level.

Thanks

Anil

gajendra_moond
Contributor
0 Kudos

In addition to above, check the master data InfoObjects for Profit Center and Cost Center. There is a table called CSKS in ECC that defines the relationship between the two. You can extract data from that table into BW and update Profit Center as an attribute of Cost Center InfoObject. Then you can extract master data of this InfoObject into BPC Cost Center dimension with Profit Center as its one of the properties. I am not sure if it will be totally applicable to your scenario but you can check and confirm.