Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing in COOIS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have the following problem:

There are 3 rows, displayed in COOIS. We selected 1 row and we want to print it after putting the 'Print' button. But we get the printing list for all the 3 raws, as if we didn't select anything.

Do You have perhaps any suggestion what's wrong and where we could fix it ?

Thank You very much for helping !

KR   Peter

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

This is standard functionality. The standard print button always prints what is displayed in the screen.

Why don't you filter the entry first.

R

0 Kudos

Hi Rudra,

do I have to delete first all other rows before printing and to take back the deleted rows after printing ?

KR   Peter

0 Kudos

Hi again,

It is showing as ALV. Right? Then check for the filter button and you can filter entries. Or put some value in the previous selection screen, May be Production Order / Planned Order and then the output will be filtered and the you can take the print.

I don't think you will be allowed to delete the entries from the output. If possible, off course yes.

The idea is whatever displays in the screen goes to the printer.

R

0 Kudos

Hi,

it has originally 1 row, but I must complete it before displaying (I do it with a BADI). It works fine. The user chooses a row and want to print it, only the chosen row, but he gets all the rows ...

KR  Peter

0 Kudos

I got your problem Peter. As I said whatever is displayed in the screen goes to the Printer if you use the standard option.

So somehow you have to find an alternative solution to filter the data first. Maybe ask user to filter it first as I explained and then ask them to print. If they are not comfortable , maybe download it first in the PC(Spreadsheet may be) and then delete the rows and then print.

Or another option could be, instead of standard button add one custom button in the application toolbar and then call a separate form to print. But in this case you have to do lot of changes and there may not be any easy solution available.

R