Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Sales Order

former_member185462
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client have online portal,his customers use online portal to promote their product.

So we planned to create a service sales order and bill to the customer.

So i asked MM person to create a material .

He said we dont require any material we also have similar thing from MM angle they will use Service entry sheet to pay to the vendor for the service they used.They dont create any material.They will enter as a text in Service PO.

I showed for us the item category plays a major role in pricing,the item category TATX is not pricing relevant,so we need a Service Material (Item category group-DIEN),then only it is possible for me. Moreover they have in service entry sheet they will enter tax code.For tax purpose we need any material.This is my basic understanding.

Note:We have only one component as "internet facility" against which we will charge our customer.

Is there any other way.We dont have any CS Module.We have SD,FI,MM.Please guide me.

Thanks,

Pradeep M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pardeep,

It is possible to use the item category TATX - text item for a service; to achieve it you would need to change the customizing however i would agree the best practice in the SD module is to create a service material DIEN.

In the MM module you can comfortably use short text on the PO to achieve the same goal; but the modules are not 100% the same!

Your best bet (i do the same in my company) is to create the service material. 

Kind regards,

Steve

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Pradeep,

Your thinking is perfectly correct in SD we need to have a material and for service you can create its by material type DIEN, where they will be no impact on Inventory and COGS.

you can also explore BOS-bill of services concept but as you have only one item for billing you can do via so creation followed by billing.

Thanks.

SS