cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieved universe not showing Business Layer, Data Foundation and Connection in IDT

vijayb
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When I’m retrieve a published universe from repository it is not showing Business Layer, Data Foundation and Secured connection, just showing folder with date and time, not getting any error while retrieving.

I tried with different username in my PC but the same issue and it is working fine with my username in my colleague PC

My colleague has different version in his PC:

Information Design Tool 4.1

Build: 14.1.2.1121

Version: 4.1 Support Pack 2

I have:

Information Design Tool 4.1

Build: 14.1.3.1257

Version: 4.1 Support Pack 3

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vijayb
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

Got it...

Now showing CNS, BLX, DFX

Business Layer, Data Foundations and Connections are in hidden mode in the Local project window from View menu (Down Arrow) > Customize View

I unchecked those..

Regards:

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

If your question or problem was answered then please mark the helpful and correct answers as such.  Mark the discussion as “Answered” so that other members can find their answers more easily

vijayb
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

How I know whether my answer is correct or not, I found that solution in my machine only.

There are different solutions for that question in different cases;

Can I mark my answer as correct?

Vijay

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Expand the folder, you see the DF, BL and connection from retrieved universe.

vijayb
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I tried that one, it is just showing folder only.

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Raise the incident to SAP if you S-USER ID and Password, they will tell the solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

We strongly recomend you to have your client application patched to the same level as your Server. Please check the SAP KBA it says the same

2014953 - Installation of server and client components of BI 4.x on
the same physical machine

I am not 100% sure but I think your Client tools are not on the same patch as the server,  kindly check the same.

Also I would like to know  if the installation of the client tools was done correctly or not. I may recomend you to reinstall the client tools on your PC if there was any problem seen during the installation process

Regards,

Harshad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Can you tell us what is the version installed on the server? And does it happen to all universes or just one universe?

Regards,

Harshad.

vijayb
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harshad,

It is happening to all universes and BI 4 Client Tools are installed in my PC.

I didn't understand that what is the version installed on the server?

Vijay