cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Source In Tutorial "How to Display a Smartform as PDF document..."

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want implement this tutorial "How to Display a Smartform as PDF document in Web Dynpro for ABAP" in Webdynpro Java. Is it possible ? The problem in here is I see property data source for UI Interactive Form is empty. What value that I must fill for this property ? Because i have face many problem with other UI element that have property data source is empty (ex : table). Thank You.

Regards,

Satria

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijeet, I don't need to display other data in this pdf because all data has completed in the smartform. So that means i just create dummy data with binary type in the context ? Dummy data in here i mean is data that not filled with anything. Thank you.

Regards,

Satria

abhijeet_mukkawar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

yeah if the relevant data to be displayed is already there , then you need to bind the pdfSource property to binary type context value attribute, check out the explaination above.

regards

abhijeet_mukkawar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

<b>datasource</b> property you see in the pdf form is , the context node which holds the <b>data to be rendered on the pdf document</b> where as the <b>pdfsource</b> property stands for the the binay type context attribute which holds the pdf in binary form.

have a look at this explaination :(taken from <b>SAP docs</b>)

<b>Data Source</b>

You can use dataSource to specify the path to the context node that provides the data. The structure of this context node is displayed in the tab Data View of the form builder.

<b>pdfSource</b>

Path to the context element containing the PDF document. You must bind this property to a context attribute of the type binary. The application development can then access the binary file and download it to the local hard disk or read and send the data to a back-end using a remote function call (RFC) and the data type XSTRING.

regards

sid_sunny
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Satria,

Bind the data source property to a attribute of binary type. it holds the data of the pdf.

Regards

Sid