Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on usage of NW BPM for a specific use case

KarthikBangeraM
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a requirement in one of our projects for which I require some inputs (PO).

The requirement is to poll a file for a period of 6 hours, say 3pm to 9pm and within which one file will be received and processed.

The polling should stop once that file is received and no further files should be processed.

If the file is not received within the 1st hour, an interface should be triggered back to the sender notifying the same.

Any inputs on if this is possible using NW BPM and if yes some directions on implementation.

Thanks!

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

As Gareth said , we can achive it using NWBPM , but there is another approach which might can help u.   I believe since there are many requirements with in a single Interface , it better to break it in small small interface .

-> Create two depended interface and get a dummy file with original file ,  with dummy interface u can check if file is processed with in a hour or not and raise an alert with NWBPM .

If it is successful process original interface and run script to stop channel ( window command after message processing) and script will contain URL of channel ( external control ). 

Warm Regards,

Rudra

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

The patterns you are describing are perfectly possible with BPM.  If you search here on SCN I believe you will find some examples of similar solutions in people's blog posts and also there are some standard patterns available that you could use as inspiration.

If you are familiar with BPM you shouldn't have much difficulty at all in creating the solution you describe.

Cheers,

G.