cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we unenroll iOS device from SAP admin portal?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried various option to unenroll the iOS device like deleting and unapprove the device.But none of these unenroll the device.

Please suggest the steps to unenroll the device from SAP admin console.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pooja,

If you would like to remove the device from MDM control, go to Admin UI -> Select the device -> Click on "Remove Control" this will remove the control from all the policies and now you can delete the device.

Alternative way is removing the Config profile from the enrolled device as said earlier.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Sushmitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pooja,

Take a look at this support note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1971758 
which may serve your purpose.

Cheers,
Sushmitha

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pooja,

I think this link helps to know more about unenroll in ios foe sap..  url--http://help.sap.com/Download/Multimedia/zip-afaria7sp4/iOSQuickStart.pdf

thanks and regards.

Swapnil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil,

Thanks for your quick response.

I have gone through the section(Remove the SAP Afaria client)  but the steps mentioned in this section are needed to be performed at device end.

But our requirement is to remove the device management remotely i.e. from EMM vendor's provided console.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pooja,

You should be able to delete the device when click on "Delete device" in the admin console. Please make sure you select all the device data to delete as shown in the below screenshot.

Unapprove device - provides you not to enroll the device again and the policies pushed to the unapproved devices will not reach to the device.

What happens when you select the device and click on "Delete" option? Please provide the screenshot for further reference.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Sushmitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushmitha,

I have done the steps mentioned by you.

But deleting the device on SAP admin console do not remove the SAP MDM profile and installed applications from the iOS device.

Unenrolling the device must remove the MDM profile along with managed application from the device.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pooja,

Yes, once you delete the device you can re-enroll it again but if the device is unapproved then the re-enrollment is not possible till it is made as Approved.

If you would like to un-enroll the device, this can be done by removing the Config profiles from the device under Settings->General->Profiles. Once the profiles are deleted from the device, it is not under MDM control and the device will be deleted automatically from Admin console.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Sushmitha